AJ asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesGMC · 8 years ago

1992 buick lesabre problems?

My friend has a 1992 buick that he has that had a shot tranny so he did it himself. while putting the motor back in and together, he foud this big grey plug disconnected. he doesnt remember where it went and i cant find the other end. i really need to know where it goes so he can stop complaining about it. its the last thing before the car is done. please help!!!!

Favorite Answer

I suggest you ask this at the Buick Club forum and try to provide more info like what the grey plug actually is connected to for example.

http://forums.aaca.org/#buick-clubs

• ?

Good enough i read the three responses u received and none are proper for this quandary. First let me say that u have a unfastened starter connection. U have a enormous battery cable that runs to the starter, there are additionally two to three other wires that contact that battery cable, they furnish energy for the whole car so if u turn the key both u have a bad ground which is unlikely or u have unfastened starter connections. Investigate them. Next the stalling is inconspicuous and original. CRANK SENSOR. After they to go dangerous they are able to keep the automobile from beginning or they can just stall it just shut it down like u misplaced spark. U have both a 3.3L v6 or u have a 3.8L v6 its fashioned for each. If u in finding that the car stalls, begins a different time and does not once more u have a foul cam sensor also common. Hope this helps. And sure corroded battery cables can purpose all forms of humorous problems so deal with them quick. I've seen corroded cables now not best motive and idling concern however would no longer enable the radio or blower motor or even the pinnacle lights to work when everything else would. As for the no heat u have a plugged heater core both change it or are attempting flushing it i advise replacing the heater core and flushing the relaxation of the coolant procedure.

My 1998 Buick Lesabre custom won't start. Security problem. How do I disconnect the alarm?

LOL!!!!!! Is it round???? The transmission has a round grey connector, where exactly is it located or sitting at on the vehicle!!!!!! Not to the steering gear is it???