Help I'm so embarrassed!....he's getting engaged within a month of breaking up with me!?

Ok I dated this guy for two months, not long I know, but he was super amazing charming and perfect and I fell hard, then he had some family pressures, a death in the family also, and I got pushy for time, so he broke up with me, over text! Saying that he does not see a future here

Few weeks later, I said hi as we do a common weekend class (we are 31 btw) and he responded eagerly, coming over, making out, taking me out etc, and things were coming back to normal

I had not spoken abt what happ yet, and before I could, he backed off and became distant and friendly, chatting occasionally, and then telling me he's out with some girl for dinner that his parents set him up with, to get married to!

I was heartbroken, asked him to talk abt this but no response, so I wrote him an e-mail saying how hurt I am about this treatment and very disappointed (as hhe put up his profile pic with this gir!l)

Today he called me, I told him I was in the middle of something and we hung up. Then I see pictures of him and this girl on FB and the families and parents are in on it as well, and he is getting engaged to her!! I mean, its been a month since we stopped going out!!

I still have the class for two more months, and don't want to quit because of him but it hurts a lot and I feel like all the work I did in getting over him is just wasted as I'm back to feeling really low and stupid about myself!! At the same time, am I supposed to be the bigger person here and just accept it and be friends if he wants that? Is it being immature if I'm not talking to him? Am I a total fool here or was it just bad timing and he fell for someone else so I should not grudge him that? I don't know...

Favorite Answer

I don't know that seems like a very short time span for him to get over you? my thought is she's just a rebound and they probably won't last being as they've only been with each other for a month? that's hardly enough time to get to know who someone really is and after they get married and have to spend the rest of their lives together they'll figure it out.

Well I guess it's a natural reaction, from my point of view he's kind of of a dìck. Maybe you should talk to him Throughly FIRST, then if stuff stays the same after you talk to him, then take your time getting over him, everything takes time and at some point everyone is gonna be humiliated by a ex-lover. So don't worry just be civil towards him and just give him the cold shoulder.. Most likely he isn't gonna come back