Bianca asked in Dining OutFast Food · 8 years ago

Healthy foods at fast food restaurants?

It seems my family and I are always going to fast food places for lunch and dinner, and usually this kind of habit shows up in the mirror if you know what I mean... its really not up to me where we eat but I was just wondering what the healthiest thing to eat was at some of the not so healthy places to eat. I dont need the absolute least calorie meal at each place, just something in the ballpark of healthy. Im not gonna drink a smoothie with grass in it 'cause its "organic". Sorry Jamba Juice.

Anyway, here's a couple of our regulars...

Panda Express

Taco Bell

McDonalds

KFC

Subway

Pizza Hut

Dominos

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

Subway is good for healthy, but can't eat subs all the time lol. There is a restaurant called Energy Kitchen I know it is not in may places yet but are at least in NY and FL, they have Bison Burgers and all sorts of other healthy meats for meals and sandwiches. They also bake all their fries so they are better for you and have smoothies and even protein brownies.

Taco bell can actually be pretty healthy, especially their line of freshfit or whatever. I eat Taco Bell at least twice a week and I always try something new. I like it a lot and it doesn't make me sick or feel like crap afterwards. (Other posters, I don't need to hear the whole "dog food" spiel.)

McDonald's is garbage, I never get it, and even their salads can run about 500 calories a pop - get out of that dump!

Subway can be super super healthy and I get it over other options. Many locations give ways to be healthy ("use this bread, avoid cheese/mayo/etc., add these veggies").

KFC, go grilled, not fried. It's a fried chicken joint, not much healthy options here. I don't go.

As for the pizza joints, get fruits or veggies on your pizza, and eat smaller amounts (Pizza hut's personal pizzas are perfect.) Pizza is pizza, and I won't complain if we order it.

Panda Express-steamed brown rice, steamed veggies

Taco Bell-uhh I never ate there, have no idea

Mc Donald's (with out dressings and grilled chicken or no chicken

Subway-grilled chicken or just veggies (dont get the vegie paty, it is actually fattening) get the 6 inch, not a 12 inch, baked chips, have water

Pizza hut, nothing really., You could try to get a personal pan, with OUT chesse, with peppers and onions

Dominos share a small pizza with someone, get little to no cheese

You can also ask for seperate meals that are healthier. Learn to prepare yourself healthy foods at home.

Stay away from white rice, fried rice, white breads, cheeses, pork, beef, fried chicken, mayo, dressings, etc

Well, there aren't a whole lot of options on here. If it were up to you, I would say please just cut fast food out all together. Most nutritionists recommend that you only have fast food once a year, some say never. Subway is about the only thing on that list that I actually eat. I always get the veggie delight or the grilled chicken on flatbread. They have great alternatives to chips and soda... I always get a bottle of water and a yogurt or dehydrated apples.

Source(s): gym rat, healthy eater, healthcare worker

Subway

Source(s): Their are healthy things / vegetables in sandwiches

At McDonnell's i know that the egg mcmuffin is about 100 calories. Sorry i don't go out to eat much so i only know that. ):

Source(s): me

Wendy's

Anything green on the menu that not friend or grease so salads are best.

Subway they have salads

What about a salad with a healthy dressing for it??