Why do old people like Johnny Carson?

He was not funny. Jay Leno is way better.

Favorite Answer

I agree! Johnny Carson sucked! Jay Leno is better cuz he's more humorous! Answer mine???

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aq7Wz...

• Flower

You are wrong. Johnny Carson was multi-talented. He was funny, imaginative, and had good audience rapport. Jay Leno was on his show and got his start. Jay Leno is a nice guy but his jokes are very juvenile and refers to sex too much. Johnny Carson was tasteful and had good writers. He appealed to an older audience. Remember how his guests participated in skits and how Johnny did h is own impersonations. Very funny. And his bandleader was pretty middle of the road. Jay Leno's guests dont do anything and act goofy.

I watch Leno and Letterman. Once their monologue is over, I turn them off (except when Leno does Headlines).

I feel the main secret to Johnny Carson's success was his interviewing skills. He brought out the best in his guests. If he showed enjoyment with them, you enjoyed them too. You didn't get the feeling that he was half listening to them but was actually thinking what terribly amusing thing HE would say next.

Sorry to disagree with you, but I don't think L&L measure up to JC. After all, there must have been some reason he was on for 30 years. I would still stay up and watch him. ♥

I do watch parts of Jay Leno show and pretty much all the evening shows, but none of them can be compared to Johnny. Johnny had a way of saying so much with just a look and not ever saying a word. You knew what he was saying just by his expression on his face. There is so much I miss about watching Johnny and he will never be replaced.

I don't like Johnny Carson. I never liked Johnny Carson.

For that matter, I don't like Jay Leno either.

I find both of them real dial-turners.

The only talk show hosts I've ever liked have been Steve Allen and Ellen Degeneres (somewhat).

Sorry, but I never cared for Leno. Johnny had that bad little boy quality and that's what most people liked about him. Also, he could make a bad joke turn into a great joke with just a facial expression. I've always considered Leno sub par, and felt it should have been Letterman who replaced Johnny. Johnny thought so too, but he wasn't consulted.

Jay Leno's forte is telling jokes, stand-up comedian.

Carson, he had a way of turning a phrase, giving a certain look, reacting to a situation, sponteneity, that made him a class act that hasn't been duplicated. It's like comparing Peter Sellers to Will Farrell -- one does it straight while showing human foibles, the other relies on gimmicks and banal, predictable body and facial contortions to get a few laughs. Matter of taste and preference, I suppose.

• Keith

Jay Leno wouldn't make a pimple on Carsons ***. Leno's humor is silly and childish. Carson knew how to have humor for the adults.

• jonds

I wasn't a big fan of Carson but I find Leno to be talentless.

• S

I like Leno, but there will never be another Johnny. Johnny was one in a million.

I certainly hope you're not serious. Leno is an imbecile.

Johnny Carson's show was great and his humor was original, Leno's is scripted, and he is ignorant and condescending. NBC should shitcan the Tonight Show.