Will Jerry Sandusky get off the hook by pleading hes got a personality disorder?

I believe everyone would agree just like a serial killer or someone addicted to sex.I think this would make a good defense for any of these behaviors even people who rob and steal.No doubt in my mind??? that John Wayne Gacy would fit in this category too.John Dillinger the #1 wanted gangster at 1 time.These guys did some good things for their communities just like Jerry Sandusky.They had soup lines to feed the hungry in hard times and at one time Al Capone was a major employer in Chicago as well he was a big tipper in the dinning cars on his way to his home in Miami.Gosh just think if we could treat these disorders we may not even have any criminals at all.Or is it only those with deep pockets and lots of influence have these disorders?

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

I think it would take a miracle for Jerry Sandusky to be acquitted of all charges for any reason, including claiming a personality disorder. The judge has ruled that the defense is allowed to call a psychologist to the stand, to testify that Sandusky has a disorder that prevents him from understanding appropriate boundaries. The defense will claim that's why he showered, had "soap battles", and generally "horsed around" with young boys in the showers.

However, it's a pretty weak defense, because even if the jury can be convinced that he has such a disorder, it would not only provide an explanation for the "horsing around", but also raise the question "If he didn't understand boundaries, what would stop him from crossing the boundary between non-sexual goofing off and sexual activity?" This is in addition to multiple victims' testimony, which has already provided some pretty damning evidence that there was in fact sexual activity, and that in many cases he coerced boys who were clearly and vocally unwilling into engaging in it.

He will be found not guilty.

Because you can't convict someone based on heresay. They need solid tangible evidence. But I totally believe they should find him guilty. Either way, no matter what happens, he won't be long for this world.