Hey christians, what exactly is God?

Ok i am a christian. And i know that no one knows much about God but i was reading something and a person said that God is not a being. But first here is what i think of God. I think he is an all powerful being that is a spirit. This person told me that he is not a being and that he simple just IS .He is also a... show more Ok i am a christian. And i know that no one knows much about God but i was reading something and a person said that God is not a being. But first here is what i think of God. I think he is an all powerful being that is a spirit. This person told me that he is not a being and that he simple just IS .He is also a christian. But what i don't get is how are we to rejoice and laugh with God in heaven if we cant see him. If he is not a being then what is He. I never liked the idea of never being able to see God or never hearing him. It's like he is so close but yet so very far. I want that in heaven i can see and have a conversation with God. I would really hate that we would still have to pray just to communicate with him. And yea i know its not all bout what i want. But can you explain your view of heaven or tell me what the bible says about it. I also hear people say that He is everything. Does that mean he is a tree and the grass, the water the sky the sun and the cars. I hate these confusing phrases such as He is everything, He is light(though i understand that one) and many others. Please explain
11 answers 11