Hey christians, what exactly is God?

Ok i am a christian. And i know that no one knows much about God but i was reading something and a person said that God is not a being. But first here is what i think of God. I think he is an all powerful being that is a spirit. This person told me that he is not a being and that he simple just IS .He is also a christian. But what i don't get is how are we to rejoice and laugh with God in heaven if we cant see him. If he is not a being then what is He. I never liked the idea of never being able to see God or never hearing him. It's like he is so close but yet so very far. I want that in heaven i can see and have a conversation with God. I would really hate that we would still have to pray just to communicate with him. And yea i know its not all bout what i want. But can you explain your view of heaven or tell me what the bible says about it. I also hear people say that He is everything. Does that mean he is a tree and the grass, the water the sky the sun and the cars. I hate these confusing phrases such as He is everything, He is light(though i understand that one) and many others. Please explain

Favorite Answer

The word of God is the Bible and only the Bible.

Jesus died for our sins on the cross. Hence the reason why through Jesus Christ we can recieve the gift of salvation.

You should join a Church and go for Bible studies. Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You and I live in a three-dimensional world. All physical objects have a certain height, width, and depth. One person can look like someone else, or behave like someone else, or even sound like someone else. But a person cannot actually be the same as another person. They are distinct individuals.

God, however, lives without the limitations of a three-dimensional universe. He is spirit. And he is infinitely more complex than we are.

That is why Jesus the Son can be different from the Father. And, yet the same.

The Bible clearly speaks of: God the Son, God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit. But emphasizes that there is only ONE God.

If we were to use math, it would not be, 1+1+1=3. It would be 1x1x1=1. God is a triune God.

Thus the term: "Tri" meaning three, and "Unity" meaning one, Tri+Unity = Trinity. It is a way of acknowledging what the Bible reveals to us about God, that God is yet three "Persons" who have the same essence of deity. Some have tried to give human illustrations for the Trinity, such as H2O being water, ice and steam (all different forms, but all are H2O). Another illustration is an egg having a shell, egg yolk and egg white, but this egg illustration shows that there would be "parts" to God, which isn't the case.

If you go for Bible studies you will understand. Do you go to Church?

Take care!

• ?

When you and your friend get to Heaven. You will be able to sit in His Lap if you wish. And He has many secrets to tell us.

God Bless Ya,

Chicago Bob

imasinner

There is more joy in Jesus in one day.

Than there is in the World 365/24/7

I know, I tried them both.

Numbers 6:24-26

Source(s): GOD!
  • A Cat

God is a man who was born, lived a righteous life, died, was resurrected with a perfect body of flesh and bones that he still has today, and then progressed through the ages until He acquired all knowledge and power. He has created countless worlds and is the Father of all of our spirits.

"Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." - John 5:19

Jesus did what His Father did and we can too. We have the same potential as His children.

• ?

The seed or a notion was once put in you mind to inform an additional man or woman whatever it would have come from the Bible or from the holy spirit holy Ghost; from God himself as a word spoken for your ear from God and then you definately tell a different individual the individual who you see next is the one to inform; God wants you to inform the next man or woman you see for your direction of lifestyles. And that individual will plant a seed the identical approach!

God made us in his image so I'd assume that he looks like us. He is not a "being" because he is not bound to humanly limitations as we are. He is superior, the creator. But at the same time he has humor and he loves.

Source(s): Christian

He is not light as in light rays, he is enlightenment, as in complete understanding. I think when you die and go to heaven you will probably not have eyes. I think your entire body will be left behind. You will not have ears either, but this does not mean you can't see and hear God. Through enlightenment everything will be understood. Heaven is total enlightenment.

• Vanmom

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Romans 14:10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will (stand before God's judgment seat.)

Image - He looks like us.

You will stand before him.

A spirit. The body of that spirit consisting of many members.

Take your body for example. You have a heart, lungs, a stomach, and appendages. Whiles those individual parts are not the body itself, they are all part of the same body.

everyone seems to have their own view of what god is

so I think you can think of god as whatever you want

does it matter?

contrast this with what people think real things are

He's a 2,000 year old a*hole that will burn you alive for not believing in him. But if you do believe in him, you'll get rewarded by an eternity of licking his feet.