Who's illegal immigration policy do you prefer Obama's selective enforcement or Romney's no enforcement?

Right-wingers have bad memories so I will help them out.

When Romney was asked during a debate how he would address illegal immigration he said he favored “self-deportation.”

“The answer is self-deportation, which is people decide they can do better by going home because they can’t find work here because they don't have legal documentation to allow them to work here,” Romney said. “We’re not going to round them up.” Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney: Self-Deportation Is The Answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpQgAzAJQ7I

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

Obama has INCREASED the deportations by clearing the non criminals out of the way. (non criminal means not caught doing anything expect being in the country)

The so called non-criminal cases were clogging the system.

Yes, I do prefer Obama.

I love the "deport them all" answers... no idea about the logistics involved. Here go try this.... go to the beach and pick out the brown grains of sand... leave the black and white grains of sand alone.... now without disturbing the legal brown grains of sand remove all the illegal brown grains of sand and put them back in the water.

The illegal grains of sand are wet.

False premise.

You ask the question as if "self deportation" was the only part of Romney's policy. There is more to it.

He wants to take steps to secure the border, eliminate the enticements that attract illegal immigrants to the country, impose some sort of e-verify system, and improve the current legal immigration system.

I will concede the point that I would like him to see more. And "self-deportation" is a bit of a crock. Maybe some will go home voluntarily, but I think most would stay. However, I would like to see him use this opportunity to propose a very specific plan on what he wants to do in this area.

Actually enforcing the law that prevents a person from getting a job, from finding a place to live, from getting a drivers license etc etc etc would be VERY effective, Illegals are NOT coming here for a vacation they come here to make money, take away that ability and guess what, they go home.

Sp actually Romney's stance is to ENFORCE Federal law instead of suing states that do and giving illegals work papers as obama is doing.

while they arrive into our hospitals to have a great number of infants like maximum do, they'd desire to be checked on in the event that they have not got the the terrific option papers turn them away, in the event that they have been of their very own u . s . how would they have those babeis and preserve them? Then stop having them get fastened, women get a hysterectomy, however the adult males as quoted on t.v. via a Mexican guy "we've a great number of toddlers reason it makes us seem as though adult males"...this would be a quote...it is not precise to people we are under adequate stress already we won't pay for our very own scientific now, foodstuff, youngsters going to college yet those leeches comes here understanding they are going to get each and every little thing they'd .....Employers that hires such could be fined to the component of putting them into financial disaster enterprise...its to the element now we are waiting to unfastened our living house simply by illegals working here. the situation they create here....

Ok, let me say immigration problems are an issue, but an issue that needs to be addressed after the more important ones are solved. The most important ones is in the ousting of this present administration and the repeal of deregulated price control of gasoline and other necessities for the advancement of this country.

• Shilo

The notion of self-deportation is laughable. Basically, what Romney is saying is that he doesn't have a clue as to how to approach this issue from a practical standpoint.

Full 10 year Jail term for hiring, housing, or feeding any Illegal Alien.

Umm... That will cure the problem... They go home or starve to death...

Either way... Problem solved...

Yeah I know a bounty on their heads would be more fun and put tens of thousands of Americans to work, but they won't go for my suggestion... I don't know why?

Hey Mitt... I am available to head the IBPOP

Illegal-alien Bounty Pay Out Program... Call me 1 - 800 - 00I BPOP.

My first memo to the IBOP team would read... If they are headed South leve them alone. If they are headed North... We Pay the Bounty...

LOLOLOLOLLOL

Source(s): * * * To see what others do not see is a curse and a blessing §† FNS †§

800,000 work permits for illegal aliens (President Obama);

No work at all for illegal aliens (Romney);

Hard choice...hmmm...

Doesn't matter to me.

I'll be voting for the most ethical and LEAST Socialist Democratic representative I can find.

It won't be President Obama.

I prefer one I read about here a long time ago.

50 Cal.on the whole border to stop it and then make the others leave by their own means.

When they crack down on employers for hiring illegals, they will self deport.