Tattoo help! maybe you can help with an idea?

All right so, first thing, i'm an 18 year old guy. I live in California and one of my favorite places in the world is the death valley. I wanted to get a tattoo that represented that. I didn't really like just writing the name. I thought of doing a desert flower that can only be found there, but many that i found were very colorful and, idk, look a bit feminine. Does anybody have any ideas that an 18 year old straight guy could use?

• Kacky
    Favorite Answer

If this is your first tattoo I highly suggest finding the perfect one (I understand that's what you're trying to do), and waiting one year. After you've waited a year, if you still want it get it. It's permanent, and for an 18 year old you have a lot ahead of you. As for the tattoo, I think you could have a desert backdrop with a worn wooden looking sign that says "death valley" and your special flowers in black and white around the sign. Just an idea though

• I saw an amazing tattoo on LA Ink. This girl wanted a tattoo to represent downtown LA, I think. So she got the horizon of it tattooed on her upper arm, going around like a band. It was rad! How about something like that? A black and gray tattoo of the horizon of death valley. (Btw, I don't know what death valley looks like, so that might be a crummy suggestion, lol!)

the desert holly is sort of manly.

also, have you considered Fauna rather than Flora?

animals tend to make manlier tats.

or you could always do a landscape but thats a hassle.

• pals

Something that has which means to you, that is my most effective inspiration. Because the one factor I will tattoo on my frame is some thing that holds which means. And quite...do you desire some thing that EVERYONE already has? (stars)

Have like a sand dune with swirlling wind.... the wind picks up some and and the wind says death vally.