Do you Know This Movie?

I remember watching this movie on Netflix once. And it was really good too. I could recognize the main character if i saw him, because i've seen him in a few other movies. In this movie, the main character's brother dies from alcohol consumption. The two were in a band, but it split apart once the big brother died. A few months later, the main character's parents discover his diary and read it. It talks about death and committing suicide. The movie was probably made between 2000-04 since Columbine is the main reason the parents are concerned. They fear that they have a future Columbine under their roof. So the main character's parents send him to a kind of boot camp they saw on TV. The kid is picked up in a van and taken to a boot camp with only boys. There he and his new inmates endure heavy labor, occasional beat downs, daily threats and assaults, and strict schedules. The main character soon finds out that the boy he has been seeing in his dreams, was a previous inmate that disappeared mysteriously a few months ago. He finds out that the sadistic headmaster at this juvenile facility is completely corrupt, and he just might be the one that killed the missing boy whom he "loved" like he was his own son. The main character also falls in love with the headmaster's "beautiful" daughter, the only girl within 20 square miles. I remember every single thing that happened in the movie, but i can't remember the name. I think Netflix might have removed it a while ago when they had to get rid of over half their movies because of copyright issues?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Try: Driftwood (2006)

Synopsis:

Riddled with guilt over the loss of his rock star older brother, 16-year-old David Forrester (Raviv Ullman) becomes obsessed with death, leading his misguided parents to send him to Driftwood, an "Attitude Adjustment Camp for Troubled Youths" run by the sadistic Captain Doug Kennedy (wrestling legend Diamond Dallas Page) and his brutal young henchman, Yates (Talan Torriero). Once there, David becomes haunted by the spirit of Jonathan (Connor Ross), a former inmate who met a mysterious end -- a mystery whose resolution could very well be David's only way out...

A startling and unpredictable chiller from Tim Sullivan, also starring David Eigenberg, Lin Shaye and Marc McClure.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.