CA DMV QUESTIONS 16yrs "OLD"?

1. I need to no if i have to go to drivers ed in able to get my permit

( Im 16 )

2. How much might it cost if i do?

. ( Can i do it online ) ?

Also can you try to find me a website for very cheap used cars around 600 - 800 $

I already no of craigslist!

More options tho please :)?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Yes, you do.

If you are 15 ½ to 17 ½ years of age, you will need to provide a:

• Certificate of Completion of Driver Education.

OR

• Certificate of Completion of Driver Education and Driver Training.

OR

• Certificate of Enrollment In An Integrated (Classroom) Driver Education And Driver Training Program.

http://dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#PERMINOR

2. Driver Education and Driver Training Information

You may take driver education (classroom training) or driver training (behind–the–wheel) in a California secondary school, or in a state licensed, professional driving school. A California secondary school is a private or public high school, technical school, or adult school.

Driver Education and Driver Training courses must be conducted as prescribed by the Department of Education. Driver Education must consist of at least 30 hours or 2 1/2 semester periods of professional classroom instruction. Driver training must consist of at least six hours of behind–the–wheel professional instruction.

Professional schools and instructors in California are licensed by the DMV. Schools must carry liability insurance, be bonded, and maintain complete records for DMV inspection. Their teaching cars are subject to inspection every 6 months. Instructors must pass qualifying examinations every three years, or show proof of continuing education in traffic safety.

No, you can't do it on line. It must be classroom, and behind the wheel, which you don't get on a web page. Costs will vary, check with the driving school.

• 8 years ago

If you can't afford more than $600-$800, then you can't have a car when you are 16. It does not matter if the car is free. You still cannot afford it. If you get a car, you have to get insurance for it. Insurance for a car driven by someone who is 16 costs more than $800.

• lauby
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

in case you tell the DMV what language she speaks, they probable have it. California is one state that believes in multi-lingual checks. Spanish, German, Italian, or maybe as she has studied, she has the alternative of taking the try orally.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.