Jeff asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 8 years ago

Recent grad looking for towns around Boston?

I am a single guy, early twenties and my new job requires travel around the Waltham, Marlborough, Framingham, Lexington area. I am looking to meet new people in a fun area. I would like to live closest to Boston, however I am worried about the traffic everyday. What towns would you recommend?

Favorite Answer

I would suggest Newton or Natick

Source(s): ..
  • Mike R

Waltham itself actually has a ton of restaurants, bars, and stuff going on. Newton is a great area too, with a transit line directly into downtown Boston and lots of restaurants and stuff as well, but will be more expensive than Waltham. Depending on how urban you're looking for, parts of Boston (particularly Allston/Brighton) as well as Somerville and Cambridge have tons of nightlife with lots of recent college grads (since a lot of the universities are in these areas), and are all connected to the subway into downtown, but traffic might be a bit worse in these areas as well (although you'd be mostly doing a reverse commute to the places you mentioned).

Natick would be quite centrally located.