What exactly are the criteria for a building to be...?

... classified as a residential house in England? I mean, does the building have to be of a minimum size? Is there a minimum amount of rooms that are required? If so, what rooms must be present, or can everything be contained within one room? I understand there must be water connected, but does this have... show more ... classified as a residential house in England?

I mean, does the building have to be of a minimum size?

Is there a minimum amount of rooms that are required? If so, what rooms must be present, or can everything be contained within one room?

I understand there must be water connected, but does this have to be connected to an outside water company, or can it be provided by the householders themselves by alternative methods (eg, from a river/rainfall) and does this supply of water have to be piped into the property or can it be carried in with a bucket?

Hot water: can this be made using a fire or solar heating? I really don't want to be connected to mains electricity due to unpredictable power cuts and because by connecting to mains electric for things like heating water, I am in effect saying it is ok for these companies to destroy our environment with nuclear power stations and such... which I am not ok with that...

A kitchen normally needs water and a method of cooking: is there anything else that is critical to the classification of a kitchen? And what sort of cooking device is needed? A conventional oven is not compatible with the method of building I am looking at producing, so do I need an oven, or just a hob? Will a solar oven suffice and is this cooking apparatus judged as being suitable depending on what sort of food it can cook (ie pizza, chicken, pies)?

Does the house have to have electricity? If so, can this be provided without using extortionate external electricity suppliers by the residents producing it themselves? If it is legal to produce it 100% themselves (which I know is possible to achieve, is there a minimum amount of kWh that is needed to comply to regualtions? I also want to avoid mains electric connection and usage due to the increased fire risks associated with connection, and by not being mains connected, there can be no electric shocks to anyone.

Toilet and waste water: I understand the must be internal, which is dumb, as I like going outside to the loo at night, but I will handle this issue and that of waste water separately.

I am trying to narrow down the exact necessities for a house, as I am researching then building a house for as cheap as possible as a way to increase social cohesion and learning within my community.

thank you for your thoughts and help in this matter :)
Update: boy boy: are you so sad that you get your kicks from attempting to personally attack people who ask questions? Direct reference to your neurotic statement. I am reporting your post as offensive. I ask this question, as within the current UK building regulations, not a single one of the issues I raised are... show more boy boy: are you so sad that you get your kicks from attempting to personally attack people who ask questions? Direct reference to your neurotic statement. I am reporting your post as offensive.

I ask this question, as within the current UK building regulations, not a single one of the issues I raised are covered, and are open to interpretation. The building regulations are due to change towards the end of this year, but the change does not mean that these questions will be answered, and as a result, individual planning control officers interpret the current laws how they want to view them. I am trying to clarify a murky subject, as I am using a CIC social enterprise business to teach about different low impact techniques... I am just trying to do the teaching (for council benefit as well as public) in a way that gives a usable product at the end.

Maybe you think that's neurotic boy boy, or maybe you suffer from little willy syndrome and feel the need to attack anyone who loo
Update 2: looks beyond your narrow minded thinking?