how can i get my self banned from craigslist on purpose?

i'm tired of getting porno links in response to my for sale adds and craigslist does not give a option to delete my account also craigslist has made it in my local papers in the "craigslist murders" where sellers are getting murdered for what they try to sell so i don't want to use this site any more and want to get banned so i can get rid of my account

Favorite Answer

You are getting those links not because of your account but because spam bots are spamming your adds. If you remove your for sale adds you should only get spammed for a few days then they should stop. Do not click on the links in the emails just delete them without reading and they should stop within a week. Now for actually deleting your account

Click on "My Account" on the left side of the Craigslist homepage.

2

Log in to your account by typing your email or Craigslist handle and password into the corresponding text box. Press "Log In."

3

Click on the "Manage" link located to the left of to all "Active," "Pending" and "Expired" posts. Click on "Delete" at the top of each post to remove the posting from Craigslist. All posts must be deleted to remove your account.

4

Click on the "Settings" link at the top of the page. Choose the "Change" link located after your email address.

5

Scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on the "Help" email address listed. This will open a new email message in your default email program.

6

Write a brief message stating you would like your Craigslist account canceled.

7

Wait for an account cancellation response from the Craigslist customer support team or for the account to naturally expire from inactivity.

• UID.0

Your story though carries some truth to risks out there it is not as vast as it sounds, yet is real.

Deleting or locking your account will not prevent previous data from being available nor get rid of other copies of it such as cached search pages of search engines.

To manager your Craigslist account however, go here for info:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/user_accounts