Questions About YG Entertainment!?

I have a few questions :

1) Is it okay to not be Korean to join? I'm Asian, but not Korean, is it okay?

2) If you don't know Korean, and you want to be a singer, will they teach you Korean?

3) Will they hold auditions every year? Like will they hold global auditions the years after 2012 like they did before? If not, how can I audition if I live far from Korea, can i send a video or something?

4) Do they look also for other talents like being able to play instruments and knowing other languages? Will it give me a better chance of getting into YG if I know those extra talents?

5) Do you have to be really pretty, or just decent to join YG? I heard that they don't really look for looks, but really mostly talent, but I think they won't really just accept ugly people. I also have a beauty mark on one of my cheeks, I mean it's just a small brown dot, but I don't know if it'll my figure or chance of getting in.

6) Did they have global auditions before, or just regular auditions? I would really want to know what they did before for auditions.

Thank you for answering, and sorry for so many questions.

Favorite Answer

Even if you're not Korean, you will have a higher chance of getting in that other non-asians, so it's perfectly fine. But YG doesn't really discriminate like other companies do.

Yes, they will teach you, only if you're accepted. BEcause you don't know Korean, you might have a lower chance of getting in.

I believe they'll do the Global Auditions yearly, but if you want to try and enter in other ways you could send a demo of you singing to them. You can send as many as you want. If they're interested they'll ask you to audition for them.

They mainly go for singers, but knowing another language will give you a better chance of getting in.

Looks don't really matter to them. They're 80% talent and 20% looks. You can't be ugly though or overweight, because that's just not what most entertainment companies look for in future idols.

They had one last year. It's sort of like the SM auditions. They're gonna give you a number and you must wait until your number is called. They you're gonna be put into a group and that whole group will go in with you when you audition. You'll all audition one by one, then after your group will be sent out. They won't have random dancing music like SM does though.

Source(s): Had to do some research before I go and audition.

1- If you are asian it is OK.

2- Yes, they will teach you.

3- I think that they will do global auditions every year, and if not, you can send a video or something.

4- Yes.

5- If you are beautiful or not and you have talent, they will accept you.

6- I think that they never did a global auditions before.

I hope I helped you :D

• bowker

i would be answering your questions, as distinctive as i can, yet i'm no longer an expert. a million. i do no longer think of any entertainment look heavily on any gender, its the expertise and seems which counts, with the aid of the time being manufacturers arent optimistic which team they're going to produce in next couple years.yet finding on the artist which debuted already i might desire to assert there is an advantage of male communities, which isnt truly dicreasing everybody opportunities. 2. some human beings argue which you do might desire to be responsive to Korean. i'm undecided how that is in YG, yet Amber in f(x) didint be responsive to any Korean, neither Nichkhun, they only discovered it at the same time as being trainees, its the comparable for Korean trainees, which study jap or chinese language. 3. they're going to %. the gang for you. possibly i'm putting it into incorrect words. They make new team and chooses YOU to be a member. it is not like everybody have their probability to polish, and take a glance at, there are various trainees which takes years to debut, or dont debut in any respect. 4. in case you're asking this through band, its truly straightforward. If its under properly-known label, hence YG, there is severe probability you would be particularly properly-known on the commencing up. in case you're asking in parson, i might say huge volume of aura may well be the suited answer. 5. In YG there are huge Bang, 2ne1, Seven, Gummy, Wheesung and Tablo, for me they are the main everyday. In different entertainments there are SNSD, Shinee, great Junior, B2st, limitless, teen perfect, omit A, T-ara and much, plenty extra. 6. you may auddion for something you desire. they are announcing JYP is YG twin, and in JYP they look extra at dancing. in case you look at Bom's case, she auditioned thrice, until they finally known right here, even nevertheless she have so powerfull and gorgeous voice, which everybody might desire to be jealous of. they only theory her voice wont in good shape, yet oh properly, she's now in 2ne1 and he or she's doing great.

you will learn everything