Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 9 years ago

Will a NC Star Red Dot Scope Reflex Open Sight veiw over my m16 front sight?

I have an m16 that needs a sight and I was wondering if this sight in paticular would be blocked or would it view over the sight. Check the link for a look at the sight.

• Nigel
    Favorite Answer

You don't have an M16, you have an AR-15. An M16 is a machine gun that costs about $18,000 and requires extensive ATF paperwork.

To answer your question, your front sight is SUPPOSED to be in your field of view when using a optic. This is called cowitnessing your sights. If you don't want them to cowitness, then you need to buy a low profile gas block and get some folding irons. I would recommend the Magpul MBUS.

properly, having Iron attractions on M16 sucks a lot, so which you would be able to placed that on the backside. Having ACOG is solid while you're making plans on enjoying as an prolonged variety marksman, inspite of the undeniable fact that it many times has relatively some balk, yet it relatively is in many situations overcomed via proning or crouching. Reflex sight is a little extra effective than ACOG, yet each so often you are able to no longer see a ingredient. In my adventure, pink dot is extra effective than maximum when you consider which you may get a extra effective precision (no longer speaking approximately balk) than maximum do. inspite of the undeniable fact that, if an EMP explodes............ (MW2), then pink Dot is amazingly ineffective......

I dont see a link, but if the scope is a raised up kind you should be okay. I think your sights will only be in the way if it sits directly on the rails.

I have the same scope. But, not, it won't be blocked. Not from my experience anyhow. Just be sure to zero it in and adjust it when needed, and you should have no issue at all.

Source(s): Have the same sight.