Do you think its wrong to get married at age 16?

So? Im 16 and im getting married soon, iv finished all my exams and iv been with him since year 9, i was speaking to him for about a year before we got together but iv knew him since year seven, we see eachother near enough every other day, im going into collage to train to be a vet. Im sure were deeply in love and im just wondering what use think?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Personally, I think it's way to young. There is nothing wrong with just being in a relationship, and rushing into marriage can ruin things. If I were you, i'd wait a couple more years. Just to make sure the relationship really holds together well. From the ages 16 to 20 people change a lot.

• St N
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

16. So, unless you are really smart, you have 2 more years of high school before you can get into university and study to be a vet, a 4 year program unless you were going for Vet Tech at college which still may be 3 years. In either case, you have a minimum of 5 more years of schooling. This will be difficult to do as well as operate a household and hold down a job.

Given your spelling and grammar, I don't see a lot of money behind you to make life easy. I suggest that you should wait until you have finished school, including college, and started a job before you get married and take on the challenges of a family.

If it is raging hormones, find a way to deal with them safely.

• 8 years ago

What is the rush? Are one of you dying? Is there not a viewing of 16 & pregnant where you live? Look, thank God your not having a baby yet (right) anyway, Can't you at least wait till after college, then see if you still want to? If your thinking something will go wrong by then and that's why your rushing, then waiting to see what might happen is smarter. If he's the one, he'll still be there. What have your parents said? If you were my daughter, I'd beat you senseless! Enjoy life while you can! The real test is once you two get out on your own. When he goes to college with other chics. Take your time honey! St N said the grammer thing ,but i was thinking it! Lol

• 8 years ago

Life treats everyone differently and you cannot call it or have a plan. So I will not judge your decision. But know that you are very young and make sure you have the qualities to maintain the marriage. Patience, honesty, commitment, care, love and realize he is yours forever and you are his forever. Take challanges hand in hand and don't run away from problems. I know a couple who married at 16 and are still together now with a 19 year old and a 16 year old son so its definintly possible. Good luck and have a happy marriage!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

People get married a a young age all the time. Just make sure it's what you really want and make sure that he really wants it to. And if you're pregnant dont let that be the reason you're getting married. Bc down the road it could really hurt the relationship.

• 8 years ago

First of all, I can't believe you passed ALL your exams ( English ) ? I do not know ANYONE in their 30s, that got married at 16, who are still married. You are NOT mature enough yet !

• K8
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You are WAY too young. I have no idea why people want to rush their lives away. Enjoy your youth, work on your education, develop your interests, enjoy friendships, start your career, etc. - allow yourself to develop into the adult you will be and THEN do adult things such as getting married.

• HJW
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Since year 7? ^^Too young!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i think its too soon and kind of illegal too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.