Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

Am I mentally stable?

I just want to know if I'm mentally stable or if I should see a phyciatris. I'm fourteen, I have a terrible short-term memory, I "zone out" a lot and daydream, I talk or sing to myself and when I talk to myself I talk back, I am in constant fear that someone is watching me, my hands shake sometimes, and I have a short temper, when I get mad, I get mad at really stupid things and I get really mad. I enjoy being a lone a lot and don't talk to anyone but my parents for long periods of time. I used to cut myself, but I quit.

Any advice would be wonderful. Thank you.

• Joy
    Favorite Answer

Hi Joy

Well I guess at this age range everyone is going to say it's teen hormones. While it is likely you do have some hormonal changes going on it may not be the only source of these symptoms you list.

It may still exacerbating them.

A lot of teens complain about memory loss, particularly over exam study periods, some of it's panic. Talking and singing to yourself are good signs, you've not given up and your still in communication in some way. If you were say depressed I don't think you'd be doing that so it's positive that way. Just be sure though you know it's you who is asking and replying, maybe in your brain you think something and the outer body responds out loud?

Sounds as if you are suffering anxiety rather than paranoia as well. If you enjoy being alone that's fine we're not all party animals. Good call on stopping the self harm, well done and I appreciate it wasn't easy as it's giving up an addiction.

Lots of teens have short tempers girls and boys! The guys tend to fight more!

Hormones are horrible and they make people feel awful at times - not just over hormone changes from child to adult, then the monthly ones, conception, pregnancy, labour, birth, recovery! Mental and physical and then maybe more kids and finally the perimenopause and then the menopause itself and then there's HRT!

I don't think there is anything to worry about, you are stable as such unless you attack people when you get mad? You may still benefit from a few counselling sessions just to sort your thoughts out and examining the feelings more professionally may help you see the way ahead. Can you get free counselling for a few sessions at school perhaps?

Good luck

Joy

• deel

Why on the earth might she no longer like intercourse? Edit: it'll support me to have an understanding of your query greater for those who defined somewhat. #two: the Mrs. is proper. The majority of multi-millionares within the US inherited their early wealth similar to they do in different nations. Most of the extremely good wealthy began with a reasonable inherited stake, adding Warren Buffett, (father used to be a congressman). It won't appear that manner due to the fact historical cash customarily preferes to be quiet and they aren't ordinarily information. People who make fortunes are with no trouble extra noticeable.

i do believe your mentally stable, unless your under any stress from anything else, because then it might result in a breakdown. to help with your situation, try to resolve your problems and see your doctor. make sure not to let him dope you up on more than 3 medicines. because the day you dont take them, you will snap. Be careful.

I don't know if you're mentally UNSTABLE, but I do think you need some help. You should start telling a trusted, helpful adult about this, and they'll tell you what you need to do.

Some things have no cure, but that doesn't mean they're not treatable.

• Carl

I go to counciling and in group we hear about people with simalor problems i suggest you speak to a councilor