Should child molesters/rapists get life in prison without parole?

More child molesters/rapists are getting life without parole.

I think they should get life without parole. They gave their victim(s) a life sentence without parole. It also could prevent others from being killed. Take a look at Amber Dubois and Chelsea King. They were killed by a convicted child molester. Maybe they'd still be alive today if John Alber Gardner got the book thrown at him the first time he was convicted of a serious offense.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I would hope that courts use some judgement in the matter when deciding on sentences. Too often we use broad terms like "Sexual Assault" which can mean anything from uninvited touching to full rape. Then a large portion of the public starts calling for execution or castration or life in prison.

Obviously in the case of murdering a child, especially after sexual assault should be treated as the heinous crime that it is. I agree that a life sentence without parole would be appropriate if the burden of proof was met in court. But your question is mixing child molestors, rapists and murderers into the same category and then deciding on a minimum sentence of life without parole.

If the crime was severe, and/or the perpetrator has a history of abusing children, then yes, throw the book at him and keep him away from society. However, if a man who has never been charged before gets drunk one night and does something very stupid like feeling up a teenage girl, life without parole is excessive don't you think?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Criminal Record Search Database : http://SearchVerifyInfo.com/?HWXz
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

In some states, defendants who bought life sentences have been eligible for parole relying on the component of the sentence served. For example, some defendants became eligible for parole after serving 15 years. When states enacted life with out parole alternatively for the demise penalty, the sentence is served until a prisoner dies. Prisoners ask for sentence amendment always after serving a constant portion of the sentence and if the prisoner can reveal that he/she has been a mannequin prisoner, some judges will travel the sentence to life and the prisoner turns into eligible for parole. Realise that a prisoner serving life who's released on parole is in actual fact on parole for the leisure of their common existence - one violation of the legislation they usually're again in prison serving the balance of the life sentence, this time without a parole.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The line for rape is to grey to declare an absolute. Since rape can cover "I didn't know she was sixteen" and "I was just as drunk as her," I'd be hesitant to declare life sentences, without a clarification and limitation of the offense. I'd also hesitate to lump rape in with molesting, as the urge to rape has been proven to decrease over time, unlike molesters.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

In hardcore prisons, criminals who victimize children are often brutally mistreated and killed by fellow inmates.

Just sayin'

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes because every U.S citizen gets the right of a fair trial. this is because of the constitution.

• 8 years ago

yes they should get life no parole they dont diserve anything nice or comfterble after what theyve done

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

they oviouls like it so ya know they're gonna do it again, but there iz a website that tells you all of the registered (which means they have got caught)chomos in your area.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Electric chair where they should get fried the way the death penalty should be.

Source(s): Thinking.
  • 8 years ago

Since most cannot be redeemed in any way...I would say yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.