Jehovah's Witnesses: How come this story is missing from your official media website?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES FORCED TO PAY 27 MILLION DOLLARS TO COMPENSATE CHILD ABUSE VICTIM

OAKLAND JURY HOLDS JEHOVAH WITNESSES RESPONSIBLE FOR SEXUAL ABUSE OF FREMONT CHILD

An Alameda County Superior Court jury has found the Jehovah’s Witnesses legally responsible for the sexual abuse of a 9 year old former Fremont girl. The verdict, announced Wednesday June 13, found that the Elders who managed the North Fremont Jehovah’s Witness Congregation in the 1990s knew perpetrator Jonathan Kendrick had sexually molested another child, but kept his child abuse secret from the parents and families with children in the Congregation. Kendrick went on to repeatedly sexually molest Candace Conti, now 26, over a two year period, using Jehovah Witnesses activities such as door to door neighborhood soliciting as his way to secretly gain control over his young victim.

Pin Head: "That definately doesn't happen in the Catholic, Evangelicals, and Baptists Churchs. No sir. They just hide it. Atleast the JW report and comply with the law when a pedophile takes advantage of their church."

THIRD CAUSE OF ACTION: ACTS OF MALICE - AGAINST WATCHTOWER NEW YORK

18. The secrecy policy of WATCHTOWER NEW YORK regarding sexual abuse of children within Jehovah's Witnesses was established and enforced by the Governing Body as the Managing Agents of Watchtower New York, with actual knowledge of and deliberate disregard of the known risk that it would be likely to lead to further sexual abuse of children within Jehovah's Witnesses, as was known to the Governing Body specifically as stated in its authorized publications and articles on the subject of childhood sexual abuse...Notwithstanding such knowledge, the Governing Body as Managerial agents, and Watchtower New York through its agents despicably placed children at risk of sexual abuse by chil

...child molesters known only to a few Elders within Jehovah's Witnesses and kept secret from all others...to further its own business and financial interests in avoiding claims, lawsuits and litigation by victims who might learn that their abuser was a risk known to Watchtower New York.

Hong Kong Phooey: "Is your source the same as all the others? Is it loudgoats.borg? Show something creditable from a reliable source."

No idea what loudgoats.borg is. My source is the endorsed legal documents from the Superior Court of California. Is that credible enough for you?

"The WTBS didn't promote this guy to a different position in an out of town facility so that he could continue his activities on a new set of children"

Oh well good for them, let's give them a trophy for not doing that!

They just allowed him to continue molesting children in the same congregation, which is much better, right?

"SOURCE (you know, a link to back up your claim). Once you provide that, I will determine creditable or not. So far, nothing you present is, as it is just words."

Official lawsuit document:

http://www.silentlambs.org/documents/cuOaklandFirs...

"Yes, cover-ups go on in the Catholic, Baptist and other churches. And they ALL need to be exposed and the culprits shamed!"

Exactly. "At least we don't molest as many kids as some other religions!!!" is not the best defense i've ever heard.

"Edit 2: Just as I thought. Loudgoats.borg, the most unreliable source on earth next to (non)JWfacts and carm. Show me a news article not some propaganda site. Or maybe show the courthouse link."

Quit the infantile JW deflection tactics. I've given you a direct link to the official, endorsed, court-stamped lawsuit document.

Edit 3: "Not deflection. Learn the difference between supported evidence and not. If there are no reliable links like court records, which are public, then it's unsubstantiated claims. Your link to the site is known for providing false information. Sorry if I don't trust it and ask for more proven, factual proof. That's far from infantile."

I have provided you with the official, endorsed, court-stamped lawsuit document. That is the evidence.

The host site is irrelevant. Are you suggesting that silentlambs FORGED the document, including the court-stamp and judges signature, then posted the forgery on the internet???

Your clutching at straws is pathetic to witness.

As for the ones who voted you up, showing their support for pedophiles in your organization - they are sick.

"No, I'm having fun watching you chase your tail trying to justify a site that is suspect."

You're the one chasing your tail, as usual, using circular reasoning and jumping through hoops to detract from the real issue as best you can.

You didn't answer the question. Are you insinuating that silentlambs FORGED the document, including the court-stamp and judges signature, then posted the forgery on the internet?

Come on Phooey. I want to see you and your pedophile-supporting JW friends dig themselves deeper into this hole. It is pathetic, but amusing.

"How hard was that to provide?"

Probably not very. I have the link, plus other news reports. I was enjoying watching you jump through hoops for the last 3 hours though. Pathetic, but amusing.

"And where did I ever say I supported pedophiles? A straight lie from your mouth."

You didn't say it. I did. You were in vehement denial despite being confronted with the facts. That is supporting pedophiles. The same goes for the 5 who agreed with your answer and many others in the JW org with the same mental blockade.

"Oh, so you are admitting you are a liar."

I am admitting that you support pedophiles in your organization, no lie.

"You did not present facts. If you had, you would have provided multiple sources."

Your statement is totally stupid. It is not necesary to provide multiple sources to present facts. The source I provided was FACT. It was the official court document. You have been proved wrong. Go away.

"Your thick head can't seem to get that. You are looking to argue when you failed on so many levels to provide legitimate sources and wish to make stuff up to make yourself look good. You also didn't prove anyone wrong."

You spent hours denying the legitimacy of the OFFICIAL COURT DOCUMENT. You have been proved WRONG. In a desperate attempt to save face you tried to detract from the issue. Now you have resorted to infantile name-calling and personal insults.

The case is all over the news, including the New York Times. The biggest religious sex abuse payment ever!

• danman
    Favorite Answer

The pathetic long winded response, full of 'your stupid', my evaluation of websites credibility is better than yours, name calling, full of almost desperate anxiety, is proof positive these jw are going through a crisis of conscience.

On the one hand they want to lash out at the perpetrator, but then realize by doing so, they are themselves condemning the way their 'sacred' organization has bungled the whole affair. I have never seen such a emotional and nonsensical response from that particular jw. You have elicited more words from him/her than the majority of his historical posts on YA. Amazing to witness!

• Lynn

Where are the bodies of the servants of God of long time ago,especially those that died before the time of Jesus ? They turned to dust jut like Genesis 3:19 says. In other words where was Adam before Jehovah created him ? He was non-existent of course. Jehovah created him from the dust. Likewise when he resurrects a person again he is going to re-create that person again but now with his personal identity. Daniel 12: 2 says And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches and to indefinitely lasting abhorrence. These prophecy is going to take place in the beginning of the 1000 year rule.At the end of the 1000 year rule when Satan is loosened for a short while a numerous amount of people living then on the earth will fail the last test and will be devoured by fire or be hurled into the ( symbolic) lake of fire which is the same, meaning that they will be destroyed forever. These will go into everlasting shame,like Judas Iscariot.Those who pass the test will go into everlasting life. Rev.20:7-9 The main point here is that those in the dust of the ground will be resurrected.

Awards' significance

Attorneys said they believed the damage awards, handed down Wednesday and Thursday, were the largest a single alleged victim of sexual abuse has ever won against a religious organization. They said it may also represent the first time a church has been held responsible for the alleged sexual abuse of a congregant, rather than a priest or high official.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2...

This morning I woke up to the radio and this was the top story out of Freemont California which is close to where I live.

The Witness Attorneys will do the wrong thing and try to appeal....wonder what Jehovah would think of them doing the wrong thing?!

I've not researched this story to verify it's authenticity but let's say that it's totally true. That a pedophile could infiltrate the congregation or any organization is possible anywhere. Have you heard of a guy on trial now named Sandusky? What church did he attend?

Any criminal activity that is to be reported to the law is reported. The WTBS didn't promote this guy to a different position in an out of town facility so that he could continue his activities on a new set of children and then back peddle 20 years later settling out of court paying victim after victim.

• NoName

Is your source the same as all the others? Is it loudgoats.borg? Show something creditable from a reliable source.

Edit: SOURCE (you know, a link to back up your claim). Once you provide that, I will determine creditable or not. So far, nothing you present is, as it is just words.

Edit 2: Just as I thought. Loudgoats.borg, the most unreliable source on earth next to (non)JWfacts and carm. Show me a news article not some propaganda site. Or maybe show the courthouse link. .

Edit 3: Not deflection. Learn the difference between supported evidence and not. If there are no reliable links like court records, which are public, then it's unsubstantiated claims. Your link to the site is known for providing false information. Sorry if I don't trust it and ask for more proven, factual proof. That's far from infantile.

No, I'm having fun watching you chase your tail trying to justify a site that is suspect. Why can't you provide something from a court site. Funny someone else did.

Here Junior, I'll help you.

http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/servic...

How hard was that to provide? You and your little ranting buddy's should know it could be overturned due to lack of evidence and the fact the girl admitted that she sued because the brothers didn't tell the congregation, while it was public knowledge he was a pedophile. All I said was I don't trust anything from loudgoats. I depend on reliable sources. If you want to believe them, which it appears that's all you do, fine. And where did I ever say I supported pedophiles? A straight lie from your mouth. Honestly, people like him deserve much worse. I won't say what, but trust me, it's not nice. So before you say something about people, know what your talking about instead of burying yourself in a hole, so to speak.

You need to get out more if you think that was jumping through hoops. It's called reliability. Loudgoats is known for distorting the truth, so therefore is not reliable. I was having fun watching you run around like a little kid trying to prove me wrong when you failed miserably. I have other articles as well. If you make the decision to rely on a site known to distort the truth, you prove that anything from you will be met with the same reluctance.

Oh, so you are admitting you are a liar. Nice. Just because i said your link was garbage doesn't mean I was approving of what this guy did. The only blockade is the one between your ears. You did not present facts. If you had, you would have provided multiple sources. You can keep trying to defend yourself but since you have come out and said you did lie, I see no further point in feeding you trollness.

The only stupidity on display is your own. You presented a site that has been called into question many times by many people, not just JW's. Again, I never anywhere said I approve of pedophiles. You failed to to show how calling a site into question equals approval of something. Your thick head can't seem to get that. You are looking to argue when you failed on so many levels to provide legitimate sources and wish to make stuff up to make yourself look good. You also didn't prove anyone wrong. Time for you to step away from banging on the keyboard and grow up. I'm going away because you have shown you are not capable of backing up your question but rather rant and lie about people who answer you. It's not the first time you have done so and I'm sure it won't be the last. We call that immature and that's all you have proven to be.

I doubt that any rank & file Witness can sufficiently answer why that is.

No different than any rank & file U.S. armed services personnel can sufficiently answer why

the CIA, NSA ,Pentagon or state dept. is exhibiting signs of deception.

They are nobody's at this level in their membership ,

..And there are certain proceedings that they have absolutely no right to know about !

I recently asked a question on here about whether JWs are hoping to censor this story; I got dog's abuse from several JWs, sneering at the very idea. They claimed not to know how it is possible to try to censor unfavourable stories! Well, you've just given one example!

Another is that they try to have questions like yours and mine reported to Yahoo and removed.

So far, not one JW has actually answered my question about whether they think such stories are fair, Satanic, or needing to be censored. I hope you get more success with their answers than I appear to be doing!

Edit - Report and comply with the law, Pin Head? “The key to Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York losing, her attorney Rick Simons of Hayward, California said, was written instructions to Jehovah's Witness elders to keep reports of child sex abusers secret to avoid lawsuits.” Try also to read the book by Beth Ellis (United Kingdom) “Bad Things Happen In The Night” to discover the extent of the cover-ups amongst JWs.

Yes, cover-ups go on in the Catholic, Baptist and other churches. And they ALL need to be exposed and the culprits shamed! Are you suggesting that the JWs are in the same boat as those groups when it comes to child abuse? No. You are suggesting the JWs are pure and guiltless and utterly compliant with the course of justice. Read Beth Ellis's book - if you can bear to.

All child molesters are not Jehovah's Witnesses and all Jehovah's Witnesses are not child molesters.

Source(s): common sense

They put that in the recruiting brochure.