KP asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

What's the best cookware to buy?

I need a new cookware. I would like a non stick set that will last. What's the best cookware to buy? Any information would be great

• Mary M
    Favorite Answer

It depends on what you're cooking. I love my old-fashioned cast iron for browning meat, caramelizing onions, cooking chili and stew in the oven, baking cornbread, etc. It's not totally non-stick, but it comes close if you season it properly and treat it right.

You don't want to cook somethings--particularly acidic foods--in cast iron, though. I don't have one proper set of cookware--I have a few pieces of old Revereware, a Calphalon frying pan, a big All-Clad dutch oven, and a few other odds and ends. My favorite is the All-Clad. I use it to make things that could scorch easily--jams, candies, and such--and they never do, It's not cheap stuff, which is why I don't have more, but if I win the lottery tomorrow, I'll buy a whole set.

• Jodi D

In my opinion, cast iron cookware is the best and, if you care for it properly, it's non-stick. It lasts forever. I have a large skillet that's been in my family over 85 years, and it wasn't new when my family got it!

My second choice would be the new ceramic cookware. The T-Fal hard anodized non-stick is getting good reviews from my friends, but, Teflon got good reviews when it first came out, too, until the Teflon coating started peeling off. Time will tell (and I'll bet none of them are around 85+ years from now).

• ?

To remain within your funds, T-Fal is absolutely the great option. If that you can squeeze a bit of more into your finances, i would endorse relocating as much as an anodized aluminum kind of pan, corresponding to Calphalon or Analon. (I not too long ago upgraded to a blend of both Calphalon & Analon, having used the same set of T-Fal pans for over 10 years). This prior week, I was at the nearby Meijers (just like Wal-Mart/k-Mart, based out of MI), and picked up a 1 qt sauce pan (anodized aluminum), made by using an Italian corporation known as Bialetti. $14.Ninety nine used to be a particularly reasonable cost, and the satisfactory is comparative to the Analon & Calphalon. Now not familiar with what all Bialetti offers on this line, but might be worth just a little study so that you can see if your funds will permit it.

I don't use anything non-stick as they freak me out and remind me too much of Teflon which was later discovered to flake out into the food (plastic tidbits - yummy!) .

I mostly use cast iron for veggies and pasta but no meat or acidic foods like tomatoes. Then I just use stainless steel.

Cast Iron cleans up great - just don't use soap - just hot water and a brush.

Everything I have bought from pampered chef is expensive junk. I have caphalon. A little pricey and the dishwasher takes off the coating on the back. Otherwise a decent quality.

i really like the Calphalon Unison for good nonstick cookware. not cheap but caphalon is a good brand

Emril Lagasse,Rachel Ray,Paula Deen all have awesome cookware.Rember you get what you pay for.I will always use cast iron for most of my cooking.It is non stick if you know how to use it properly and no you don't have to use a gallon of oil with cast iron I use non stick spray.

Pampered Chef <3 Look it up , BEST STUFF OUT THERE !