Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

Poll: Why do people think of the holocaust as the worst event in history, when it is far from the most deadly?

The most deadly was the black death/bubonic plague, which killed around 300 million.

The two World Wars both far outrank the Holocaust in terms of deaths, and so do many wars from earlier in history.

The two deadliest regimes were the Soviet regime in Russia and Mao in China. The Soviets in the period from 1917 -1953 killed more than 20 million by most estimates, with some putting it as high as 60. Around 50 million are suspected to have died under Mao (primarily from a famine created directly by his policies).

Since there are many historical events that surpass even the highest estimates for Holocaust deaths, surely these were worse.

BQ: Why do people only refer to the deaths of Jews in the holocaust, when they were only around half the victims (only a third in some estimates)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_anth...

Update:

The Black plague was natural, but none of the wars or other crimes against humanity were (like the Soviets').

If you exclude natural disasters, wars and non-deliberate famines, the Holocaust is still behind the Soviets in terms of death toll.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

They are jews, that's why.

• 8 years ago

It shocked everyone at the time that it was even happening. People couldn't believe that such horrid things were happening to the Jewish and others. The deaths of Jews in the holocaust is referred to most be the holocaust was originally aimed at Jewish people but many other groups were also killed. Also the holocaust is much more recent with survivers still living. Another horrid even in history is the Spanish Inquisition that claimed many lives also but instead of a quick death many of the accused people were tortured before their deaths. Basically a lot of bad stuff has happened in history and even though the amount of people killed in the Spanish Inquisition is small compared to that of the Holocaust, it was still a tragic event and all tragic events should be remembered along with those who die during them.

• haley
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

If you're asking what he was once doing, I are not able to tell you. But i will inform you why he wasn't doing something. If in case you have the patience, then please read this: Adam and Eve rebelled in opposition to God in the garden of Eden. This made devil feel that he can rule the sector and that he can get many people to show far from God. So he started trying lots. So except it's totally established that devil and man cannot rule mankind, God won't intervene. The only time he will ever intervene is if his people are in chance. Once I say "his people", I imply a bunch of men and women that comply with exactly what he says and loves Him very a lot. One day this will happen and you'll understand. Don't worry, the entire world will know. :) God doesn't allow the touching of his eyeball for very lengthy. -Zechariah 2:8

• 8 years ago

Well, you know, right-wing politics and white supremacy is a lil' too scary to deal with for these public school educated minds. It's the same when you hear people make racism out to be an unspeakable offense...really? Somebody with a sour opinion of another based on their race is the worst thing you can think of?

BQ: Ignorance

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • The holocaust was an act of pure hatred, that's why it's worse.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

the black plague was a natural event...

whereas the holocaust is caused by... politics... they're both caused by men... but you know what i mean.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Blame American Schools for teaching that

Its really up to the student to research further if they want to know more.

• 8 years ago

There's also the Chinese holocaust.

• 8 years ago

Because one dumb sh*t thought he was better than everyone else.........so the idiot killed over 2,000,000 people just to quench his stupid ego. Goes to show how us humans can be dumb sometimes..

• 8 years ago

publicity?

....also... i heard that during the nazi movement, even average citizens became involved in the atrocities..(although im not 100% sure)

Source(s): i cant think of too many big movies about soviet russia or mao china
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.