Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 years ago

How conservative am I?

I support a national free market. Most federal regulation of businesses (minimum wage laws, anti-discrimination laws, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the ADA, etc.,) should be repealed. However, I do support tariffs on all foreign imports to protect American manufacturing jobs because tariffs made us very prosperous in the 1800's and I value our country's economic self-sufficiency and independence. All federal interventions that are not specifically enumerated in the Constitution should be abolished (the FDA, the EPA, the Dept. Of Education, Commerce, HUD, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc.,). Abolish the Federal Reserve and all federal income taxes and return to the gold standard. We should close our military bases, end all foreign aid, withdraw from the UN entirely, and avoid entangling alliances. I think abortion should be outlawed throughout the country, but every other social issue, like drugs, prostitution, gambling, and pornography, should be left to the states. I strongly support a repeal of the 17th Amendment to restore state sovereignty. I think English should be declared the official language of this country and immigrants should be required to learn it. I'm against amnesty for illegals and think we should end birthright citizenship. I think it's important to remember our country's Christian roots by keeping "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, keeping "In God We Trust" on our currency, and excluding the federal government from all jurisdiction over the religious affairs of the states.

Favorite Answer

100% Economic conservative (pro-industrial tariffs, gold standard, anti-federal reserve, anti-income tax)

90% Social conservative (pro-life, anti-secularism, anti-immigration, though you are more libertarian on drugs etc)

You are very anti-federalist however you are anti military intervention, a libertarian stance as opposed to a mainstream conservative view.

(Industrial tariffs were originally conservative-supported, ie conservative republicans supported them in the late 19th and early 20th centuries)

Source(s): American History

the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the ADA, etc.,) should be repealed.

~~~ You must be quite the low-intellect (conservative)!

Here's some 'self knowledge' for you, o toxically dim-witted one;

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

http://news.yahoo.com/low-iq-conservative-beliefs-...

You seem to win the Bloated-Fascist Moron Award tonight!

(And a Xtian judgmental Prideful sinner hypocrite to boot! Go figure!

Typical of low-intelligence... read then article!)

Congratulations!

(rolls eyes)

Or you'd have to be a troll! No one can be that stupid!

If you are a troll, wasting my time, I have one thing left to say to the fool;

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\...