Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

How conservative am I?

I support a national free market. I think most federal regulation of businesses (minimum wage laws, anti-discrimination laws, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the ADA, etc.,) should be repealed. However, I do support tariffs on all foreign imports to protect American manufacturing jobs because tariffs made us very prosperous in the 1800's and I strongly value our country's economic self-sufficiency and independence. All federal interventions that are not specifically enumerated in the Constitution should be abolished (the FDA, the EPA, the Dept. Of Education, Commerce, HUD, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc.,). Abolish the Federal Reserve and all federal income taxes and return to the gold standard. We should close our military bases, end all foreign aid, withdraw from the UN entirely, and avoid entangling alliances. I think abortion should be outlawed throughout the country, but every other social issue, like drugs, prostitution, gambling, and pornography, should be left to the states. I strongly support a repeal of the 17th Amendment to restore state sovereignty. I think English should be declared the official language of this country and immigrants should be required to learn it. I'm against amnesty for illegals and think we should end birthright citizenship. I think it's important to remember our country's Christian roots by keeping "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, keeping "In God We Trust" on our currency, and excluding the federal government from all jurisdiction over the religious affairs of the states.

Favorite Answer

Easiest way to answer this question:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

I suspect you will map at about +7, -2.

Please email your coordinates, or post here.

• grago

Years in the past, the Progressive Party, and the Conservative Party joined to grow to be the Progressive Conservatives. Much extra not too long ago, the Reform occasion (which integrated individuals who had damaged clear of the PC's) joined, and the title began out because the Conservative-Reform Alliance till the entire becoming a member of, after which they made up our minds on being simply the Conservative Party of Canada. Provincially, so much Conservative events are nonetheless Progressive Conservative. There are not any "authentic" hyperlinks among the provincial and federal events, however, they often all incorporate the identical individuals. Unlike the USA, Canada isn't damaged into conservatives, and liberals. We have a 3rd institution, the socialists, who is occasion is the New Democratic Party. So, the NDP is at the left, the Liberals within the centre, and the Conservatives at the correct. In the final Federal election, the Liberals have been almost burnt up, and we've got the Conservatives in vigour, and the NDP as Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition. There may be the Bloc Quebecois, who advocates Quebec keeping apart from Canada. In the final Federal election: Conservatives 166 seats (fifty three.nine%) NDP 103 seats (33.four%) Liberals 34 seats (eleven.zero%) Bloc Quebecois four seats (a million.three%) Green occasion a million seat (zero.three%) 308 seats in complete.

• Kiki

You're VERY conservative.