AndyMurray asked in SportsTennis · 9 years ago

So Rosmalen (s'Hertongenbossch) to most is on next week and Clijsters returns?

The seeds are as follows:

1. Stosur

2. Errani

3. Cibulkova

4. Pennetta

5. Kirilenko

6. Vinci

7. Jankovic

8. Petrova

From the list of seeds who do you think will win. Also Kim Clijsters RETURNS!!!! Thats why I am so hyped up about the tournament.

• K
    Favorite Answer

I'm really excited for Kim's return! Grass has never been her best surface as she's always played better on hard and clay courts, but hopefully she's had lots of time to practice on grass over the last few months and she's in her grove and injury free! Unfortunately, I definitely don't see her winning the tournament because she hasn't played in a long time. I think, depending on her draw, she will win her first round match but not go too far after.

Looking at the seeds, Stosur is the top seed and grass isn't her preferred surface. Her kick serve isn't effective and she isn't as comfortable being rushed and she doesn't have as much time on the ball so that's when she makes lots of errors. However, despite her extremely poor record at Wimbledon she strangely enough usually does well in the warm up grass court tournaments, I really don't understand it at all! But I don't think she will win the tournament but I expect her to go deep, perhaps the semi-finals.

As for some of the other seeds in action, I don't think Errani will perform well straight away after her Roland Garros success. I think she needs more time to get back to normality and take a break from tennis. Hopefully she will get back to form for Wimbledon but unfortunately I see an early exit for Errani.

Pennetta and Kirilenko have never really done well on grass but could still progress through the draw and I would expect both players to reach at least the quarter-finals.

Petrova nowadays plays well in the slams and plays well against big name players but she seems to lack the motivation in the smaller tournaments and lack the consistency required. It's a shame because with her game and weapons she could really make a name for herself in the current state of women's tennis. Cibulkova also another inconsistent player who plays amazing in big matches but I don't see her going too far.

Jankovic, blah, I really don't know what to say anymore, early exit.

The player who I think is the favourite to win in my opinion is the defending champion Roberta Vinci. She had an amazing season last year and her game is well suited to grass. She hasn't played too well this year but she is very much out of the spotlight at the moment and not expected to do anything so I think she could win the tournament.

So overall I think Roberta Vinci will win the tournament if the inconsistency of the other players show. However, this is a women's tennis tournament and if the likes of Petrova or Cibulkova put together a good week they might win either. I think if Clijsters gets through her opening round matches, perhaps reaches the semis or the final and gets herself into shape she has to be the favourite because she is the best player in the draw, no matter what the circumstances are.

I have no idea how to pronounce s'Herongenbossch ://

Anyways I think Dominika Cibulkova will win it. She's at a career high ranking and has a ton of confidence. She's had some good success on grass in her career, too. Stosur is not a good player on grass and I don't think any of the other seeds are, either.

I think Vinci could take it. She tends to do quite well in these sorts of tourneys and she won it last year if I remember correctly. Errani of course has been good recently but I don't think her form will translate to grass. The top 3 seeds will be treating this very much as a warm up so they won't be playing their full game. It's doubtful they will win it. My favourite is Vinci.

• Paul

I think If Clijsters is healthy, she'll win this tourney.

Out of the ones above though, I'll pick Cibulkova

Arantxa Rus and Kiki Bertens both given a wild card into the main draw. Goooo Dutch girls!

• pgsl

Stosur.

errani. she was the FO runner up so yeah!

errani she's on fire after the french open

• Tishu

play the best tennis clijsters ............all the best