Favorite summer books?

What are your favorite summer books or authors to read? My favorite summer book is The Secret Life of Bees, it's just so good and summery. I also like to read a lot of girly teen novels; I'm really into Sarah Dessen this summer. The plot of basically every book is: unhappy girl goes to the summer, gets... show more What are your favorite summer books or authors to read?

My favorite summer book is The Secret Life of Bees, it's just so good and summery. I also like to read a lot of girly teen novels; I'm really into Sarah Dessen this summer. The plot of basically every book is: unhappy girl goes to the summer, gets a job at a restaurant, meets new friends and finds herself. But that's okay by me lol.

In past summers I also loved and would recommend the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, great summer books. And Meg Cabot books like the Mediator series, since although those aren't quite as emotional, they're really fun to read.

Anyway, what are your favorite summer books? :)
Update: I meant "goes to the beach for the summer."