What is a movie like these?

I absolutely love A Walk to Remember and The Last Song. I would like a list of movies that are tear-jerking romances, preferably without sex-scenes. I've looked at all the movies based on Nicholas Sparks novels, so please don't give me those, and also don't give me movies just by searching google for similar movies, because I've tried that as well. Best answer goes to the person that gives the best movie, not depending on how long their list is.

Best Answer

Remember Me (2009 - starring Emilie de Ravin and James Pattinson), Tristan and Isolde (starring James Franco and Rufus Sewell), The Painted Veil (starring Naomi Watts and Edward Norton), Memoirs of a Geisha, Beyond Borders (starring Angelina Jolie and Clive Owen), One Day (starring Anne Hathaway), Tuck Everlasting (starring Alexis Bledel), If Only (starring Jennifer Love Hewitt), A Little Bit of Heaven (starring Kate Hudson), The Ultimate Gift (starring Abigail Breslin), Australia (starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman), Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011 - starring Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks), Water For Elephants (2011 - starring Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson), Cold Mountain (starring Nicole Kidman, Renee Zellweger, Natalie Portman, Emily Deschanel, Cillian Murphy and Stuart Townsend), Keith (2008 - starring Jesse McCartney), P.S. I Love You (2007 - starring Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler), A Destiny Of Her Own (Renamed 'A Dangerous Beauty' - starring Rufus Sewell - this does have a mild sex scene), Never Let Me Go (starring Keira Knightley and Carrey Mulligan), Sweet November (2001 - starring Charlize Theron and Keanu Reeves), The Vow (2012 - starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum), W.E. (2012 - starring Abbie Cornish), Bright Star (2009 - starring Abbie Cornish), Just Like Heaven (starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo), Stepmom (starring Julia Roberts), Dying Young (1999 - starring Julia Roberts)...

Hope that helps :) Drama/Romance is my favourite movie genre, and all the ones I mentioned above are very good! I hope you find something you enjoy!

Little Bit of Heaven

Remember Me

Letters to Juliet

The Time Travelers Wife <3

Water for Elephants

Dear John

Never let me Go

P.S I Love You <3

Leap Year

The Notebook

The Vow

When In Rome

Titanic

Sabrina

Forrest Gump

Romeo and Juliet

Something Borrowed

Source(s): Just off the top of my head!

I would highly recommend Some Kind of Wonderful -with Eric Stoltz, and Mary Stuart Masterson.

Ice Castles -the original.

Say Anything.

If I would have to pick just one of these based on your description I would go with Ice Castles-it has to be the Robbie Benson version. But if you watch these three movies and you aren't moved, you could sue me.

Hmmm...

Serious romances:

Water for Elephants (awesome movie)

Titanic

Pride and Prejudice

Moulin Rouge (if you like musicals you might like it)

The Phantom of the Opera (also a musical, but one of my favorites!)

Across the Universe (another musical - Beatles songs. I like it but it's quite strange)

Jane Eyre

(I haven't seen this one, but) Like Crazy

Comedy-upbeat romances:

Never Been Kissed

The Holiday

50 First Dates

Someone Like You (older, but I enjoyed it)

If I think of any more, I'll add them in later.

Hope I could help! Have a good night!

Lbee

The Notebook

Dear John

Titanic

Defnitely, Maybe

• J-Dawn

You might enjoy Truly Madly Deeply starring Alan Rickman and Juliet Stevenson. It's a little different from most movies as the saddest part is within the first half hour.

if only..... i don't know whether this movie is based upon any nicholas spark's novel or not, but i really liked this one...

human centipede