Best alienware configuration, or maybe an alternate gaming laptop?

I plan on getting an alienware m14x, but am not sure of the configurations. The main problem is the drive. Is it worth it to get the 256 gb ssd or should i just get the hdd plus msata boot drive. Also, is there possibly a better laptop. I heard msi and asus has some good ones. My budget is 1000-1500 us dollars

Laptops aren't very good for gaming, to be perfectly honest. If you want to go to LAN parties a lot, get the top of the line X51 from alienware. Its a much better gaming rig but if you can, hold out for next years model as they may put in a SSD. Plus, the X51 is fully upgradable within its power limitations.

• ?

actual, yet Alienware is dell. As you recognize there is better than one laptop producer, and Alienware is rather costly. in case you have the money, I say flow after the wicked Alienware products. in case you opt for to be somewhat extra frugal, i might do somewhat extra homework with different businesses and their gaming laptops line.

I Would suggest MSI Computer G Series GT60 0NC-004US 15.6-Inch Laptop

Intel Core_i7_3610QM

12 GB SO-DIMM; USB 3.0 x 3, USB 2.0 x 1

1000 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive Solid-State Drive

15.6-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX670M