Will a corolla with a Celica's 1zzfe engine pass the emission test?

If I were to put a 1zzfe engine from a celica into a corolla: and add all the performance mods, will it pass the emissions ? People are saying that the Celica is less restrictive to emissions than the corolla. But how is that engine swap different from a 2zzge,3stge,3sge,etc celica swap in emissions ?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

he 2ZZ-GE is a 1.8 L (1796 cc or 109.6 in³) version built in Japan. Bore is 82 mm (3.23") and the stroke is 85 mm (3.35"). It uses MFI fuel injection, has VVTL-i, and features forged steel connecting rods. Compression ratio is 11.5:1, necessitating "premium" gasoline (91 octane or above in the (R+M)/2 scale used in North America[4]). Power output for this engine varies depending on the vehicle and tuning, with the Celica GT-S, Corolla T-Sport,[5][6] Lotus Elise and Lotus Exige offering 141 kW (189 hp) but the American versions of the 2003 Corolla, Matrix, and Pontiac Vibe versions only developing 180 hp[4] with all later years offering anywhere from 173 hp in 2004 to 164 hp in 2006 due to a recurved powerband. The differing power figures from 2004 through 2006 are due to changes in dynamometer testing procedures. The Australian variant Corolla Sportivo has 141 kW@7600 and 181N·m torque. Due to noise regulations, Toyota recalled them for a flash of the PCM to up their output to classify them in the more lenient "sports car" noise category. The Corolla Compressor and Lotus Exige S add a supercharger with intercooler to achieve 225 hp (168 kW), while the Exige 240R's supercharger increases output to 240 hp (179 kW). The addition of a non-intercooled supercharger to the Elise SC produces 218 hp (163 kW) with a considerable weight saving. The supercharged engines are not labeled 2ZZ-GZE.

Source(s): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_ZZ_engine
  • ballin
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

2 WAGs - you have relatively some oil interior the exhaust- muffler and cat- from the previous proprietor's blowing up the motor. while the motor's exhaust warms up those components, you would be heating the residual oil adequate to smoke badly. i'm assuming you replaced the oil interior the recent motor, yet while there is something undesirable interior the crankcase, that must be warming up and going for the time of the smog device and springs out as smoke. first ingredient i could do- examine the muffler and cat. possibly even eliminate them and enable the motor vehicle idle for slightly (noisy, particular) till you will discover smoke or no smoke from the header. in case you may get a working temp out of the motor and no smoke, which will supply help to become attentive to the perpetrator. I had a Ford with an identical project- extensive clouds of smoke by using soggy mufflers. replaced mufflers and the smoking difficulty went away. It became so undesirable I had to start up the motor vehicle and force off at present day or my abode could be smothered in smoke. humorous, as quickly because it have been given warm, the smoking stopped, yet new mufflers made the undesirable difficulty bypass away. ... superb of success!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.