How can I find the value of old trading tokens and their origins?

One coin I found has "room" embossed into the coin then 14A stamped next to it. Someone told me that back in the old west they would give out those tokens for prostitutes - just wondering if that is correct?
Update: This is my first time asking a question - so I am not sure how to properly label my question - there are more than 300 token/coins found - all of them are different - some of them are 5 cent good for coins, some are amusement tokens, some of them are good for sheet music - some of the names on the tokens/coins are:... show more This is my first time asking a question - so I am not sure how to properly label my question - there are more than 300 token/coins found - all of them are different - some of them are 5 cent good for coins, some are amusement tokens, some of them are good for sheet music - some of the names on the tokens/coins are: Hackney Building Store, National Piano Man. Co., V.D. Coon, Straight Creek Coal Mining Co, etc. I just want to know how I can find out if these are worth anything and where they come from.
1 answer 1