Atheism VS. Christianity (Read whole story)?

It seems that Atheism VS Christianity is a big discussion on here and my question is why? Christians believing that one of Gods greatest gift being the power to choose which includes the choice for a man to choose not to believe in him and in Christ like love then publicly damning a sole for simply believing differently. Atheists believing in logic reason and doing what makes you happy. Then trying to take from Christians the only logic and reason they know and the source of much happiness in there life. Also why would atheist care about what someone believes in?

How do I send you people msgs so I can more fully understand your answers?

• Nous
    Best Answer

But you already recognize only one religion is involved and you still cannot see it?!

Anti atheism is doing so much damage to Christianity that it is in reality anti Christianity – David Manley

It takes in reality only one to make a quarrel. It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion. - William Ralph Inge.

Why so blind to what causes the backlash against christianity?

ALL the other religions and atheists live in peace and are ONLY attacked by BAD christians which causes all GOOD christians to despair at the damage they do!

Up until about 40 years back Christianity was thriving and there was no conflict with others but in just those few short years the modern christians have become intolerant, hate filled, bigoted and persecuting resulting in a growing backlash against christianity and causing christianity to loose over ten percent in less than a decade with the loss accelerating!

The self destruction of Christianity is underway and the only thing that can stop it is to abandon the terrible human emotions, seek to rediscover the idea of a loving god and act like it!

• Corey

False dichotomy. It's not just the Christian god I don't believe exists, I don't believe _any_ gods exist. And it's not just Christianity I criticize, it's not just Christian superstitions that I think are harmful, but all religions.

"Then trying to take from Christians the only logic and reason they know"

It's not logic and reason. It's not like there's logic and reason that are valid for some people and not others.

"and the source of much happiness in there life."

PCP makes people happy too. But like religion, it is destructive to the person indulging in it and the people around them and the whole community.

I care what people believe in because I care about people. And superstitions lead people to make poor decisions. Sometimes self-destructive decisions, sometimes atrocious decisions. And because religions tell people they are wretched and deserve to be tortured for eternity. And because religions promote ignorance. And because religions demand deference. And because religion undermines morality. And because religions tell their adherents that people who don't follow the religion wouldn't have a reason to care about their well-being.

I didn't choose not to believe in your god. I realized I didn't. And threatening someone with being tortured for eternity isn't really a choice, so that isn't really a gift at all, if it weren't all imaginary.

Because Religion tears people apart. you fight and bicker like monkeys over food.

you answer all the questions of Life with God did it

you can't think logically

you can't look at science

hell most of you can't even live a normal life

you denie science

you denie thousands of gods

beliefs

human freedom

gays

lesbians

person choices

you even brain wash childrens at birth

the catholics killed people , convert or die. your horrible people

religious crusades....

back in the day when the bible was written you thought the world was still flat.

just because a book says something & is thousand years old doesnt mean its correct AT ALL.

without religion the world would be 100% better.

"Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say

I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

I hope some day you'll join us

And the world will be as one"

-John Lennon

Source(s): spirit science
  • Alan

Two things:

1. If Christianity is correct, then we do not have a choice about what we believe in because we are under threat of infinite punishment if we choose incorrectly. Consider the analogy of a women who is pulled into a dark alley and given the choice of choosing to the raped or choosing to be shot in the knee caps with a .45 pistol? It isn't really much of a choice, is it?

2. Atheists won't care about what other people believe unless those people start trying to change the laws of the land to reflect their religion. Christians are trying to change laws about abortion, birth control, gay rights, stem cell research and what is taught in science classrooms just to name a few things. In that case, what they believe is very MUCH my concern.

"Also why would atheist care about what someone believes in?"

Normally I wouldn't, but some Christians have an annoying habit of trying to force their beliefs onto others (including Atheists), either through politics, proselytizing, or various other methods. I suspect that if Christians stopped trying to push their belief system into everyone else's lives, then absolutely no one (including myself) would have any problems with them.

• Ivan

I often baffled how many people just put everything that Catholic did to Christians.

It kind of accusing a person when in fact his troublesome and bully brothers who did it.

I agree man can choose to believe.

That is why I just spread the Word and not forcing it to anyone.

After all, forcing others just make people hate the Word even more.

• Jamie

Atheists see little to no logic in Christianity. The Atheists I know, however, don't troll message boards. The Atheists I know believe "to each their own". One of my Atheist friends said the logic he sees is in Christianity is that people need a sense of community and something to believe in. He can respect my views without being hateful, and I respect his, too. The people (Christian and otherwise) who are trolling on these boards are just troublemakers with nothing better to do at 3 am.

There is a lot of harm done in the name of religion, that's why I care.

The thing that brought me off the fence was the campaign for creationism to be taught to children as a science. All these years later it still fills me with rage that people can be that ignorant AND feel the need to force said ignorance upon others.

If Christians simply left everyone alone, then I wouldn't care. Of course, they don't do this, at least not in America. Fundamentalist Christians actively promote homophobia and creationist pseudoscience, among other things. Then there's the huge scandal with priests raping children. And the murder of abortion doctors and bombing of abortion clinics. Then there's those idiot Christian parents who decide that their sick kids don't need to go the hospital and they try to pray instead of using medicine and the kids die. I could go on, you know...

You dont understand, and many christians dont either, its not about trying to convert u into some morality that weve adopted simply because thats what we prefer, we know that for those who do not follow Christ, they will recieve punishment in hell for all eternity and we dont want that to happen. Look past the sins and hypocracies of many christians and ask yourself, if all christians just hated you and were bigots, wouldnt they want you in hell. Wouldnt they be like the westboro baptist church spreading hate. The bible says that all can be forgiven of their sins, not with some sort of sacrifice or ritual but just by asking for forgiveness, God has offered you the gift of eternal life, joy peace, love and comfort in heaven and it is your choice to either humbly accept it or to openly reject God. I pray all of you turn to Christ so that your inheritance will be in heaven.