do crocodiles/alligators really love marshmallows?

I was watching True Blood one night and it was the episode when Tommy had killed his parents and Sam was helping hide the bodies, so to do this he threw them in a swamp and then threw in marshmallows so they would eat the bodies.

Then i asked my sister (who does animal care) if it was true and she said yes, but i don't know if i should believe it because i can be VERY gulliable sometimes, so......do they?

Favorite Answer

Alligators and crocodiles that have become accustom to being fed by humans will often eat things that they would not eat naturally.Things like marshmallows or bread. Some will eat something just reacting to it being dropped in the water. Gators have been known to try and eat golf balls that have landed in or near the water. I cannot say whether or not crocodilians think of marshmallows and bread as a preferred food item(although it may seem more convenient to them). I would also like to say that feeding them like this is really not healthy or safe for either the crocs or people.

• Damian

Yes they do, adds a bit of extra flavour.

Only if its roasted over a fire

No, they love beer.

Source(s): I am an alligator.