Organic acid derivatization?

Hi, I am trying to analyze Sodium Acetate Trihydrate, Proponic Acid, Gluconic Acid and Sodium Octanoate by GC-TCD. I prepared my organic acid standards with methanol( 3%v/v Sulfuric acid) and chloroform which contains benzoic acid as internal standard. Then I digested them at 100C for 2 hours. With adding DI... show more Hi,

I am trying to analyze Sodium Acetate Trihydrate, Proponic Acid, Gluconic Acid and Sodium Octanoate by GC-TCD. I prepared my organic acid standards with methanol( 3%v/v Sulfuric acid) and chloroform which contains benzoic acid as internal standard. Then I digested them at 100C for 2 hours. With adding DI water I separate organic acid phase ( which is in chloroform) and put it into GC vials. I set up my oven temperature both at 40C and 125C ( two different methods), but I am not able to get any peaks for standards. I have done with literature review, but unfortunately I ended up with the method for urine. Does anyone give me some advice about my method or any other method?

Thanks,
Update: I really need help as soon as possible.
2 answers 2