Organic acid derivatization?

Hi,

I am trying to analyze Sodium Acetate Trihydrate, Proponic Acid, Gluconic Acid and Sodium Octanoate by GC-TCD. I prepared my organic acid standards with methanol( 3%v/v Sulfuric acid) and chloroform which contains benzoic acid as internal standard. Then I digested them at 100C for 2 hours. With adding DI water I separate organic acid phase ( which is in chloroform) and put it into GC vials. I set up my oven temperature both at 40C and 125C ( two different methods), but I am not able to get any peaks for standards. I have done with literature review, but unfortunately I ended up with the method for urine. Does anyone give me some advice about my method or any other method?

Thanks,

I really need help as soon as possible.

Favorite Answer

You should read the link because it seems that your thermal conductivity detector is not compatible with acids, halogenated organics, and oxidizing agents (e.g. oxygen). Since you did load all of the above into the GC, I think you might have killed the wires of the detector. You will need to change that and avoid using acids with it.

• hanter

Be very careful with the way you utilize aspirin or the different salicylic acid products. remember, aspirin pills are no longer organic, and actual conflict by a series of tactics until now they hit the cabinets. putting aspirin on your face or everywhere else on your physique will reason it to be absorbed into your dermis and into your bloodstream, particularly very like swallowing them with a tumbler of water. no one is particular how lots of that's absorbed for the duration of the floor so be careful. Use unscented or glycerin based soaps alongside with Pears on your face, or maybe an ordinary blend of heat water and sea salt. believe me - in the adventure that your dermis is oily the fewer you positioned on it, the extra effectual. there are a number of web pages that furnish organic thoughts, and maximum of them come out of your man or woman kitchen, alongside with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, or perhaps sugar to make a gentle facial scrub. you are able to test with issues around the living house, and study them on line to make certain what consequence they might have on controlling your pimples. i won't be able to furnish you any specific advice as a results of fact all of us's dermis is unique and what worked for me would possibly no longer artwork for you. precise now, i take advantage of Pears cleansing soap customary and that i've got stopped utilising moisturizer ever when you consider that I discovered that each and anybody moisturizers, yep, even the oil unfastened ones, clog your dermis's pores to 3 quantity. each and every few days or so, I do a face scrub with a mix of almond powder, sea salt, a tiny little bit of lavender or tea tree oil and vegetable glycerin. It clears the pores and disinfects the floor. solid luck and that i wish a number of this enables. I actual have yet another element to function, watch what you consume and keep your self hydrated. the floor is the biggest organ interior the physique. you're what you consume - interior and out!