Boyfriend isn't getting hard because "he's a triathlete"?

This past weekend my boyfriend and I decided to have get a little intimate for the first time, but I noticed that he doesn't quite get hard enough. What I mean by this is that he doesn't get fully erect/hard, and instead is still pretty limp.

When I brought it to his attention, he only said it was because he had good control of his heart rate and blood pressure because he's a triathlete, and said many of them probably had the same problem. However, I'm not really sure this is true... I'm confident, though, it's not because he's not interested. At the same time, however, I'm not sure if he knows what he's talking about because I'm his first girlfriend and he hasn't done ANYTHING with anyone else; so whether or not what he says is true, he probably doesn't know either.

Furthermore, he explained to me that when he masturbated, that, too, takes him a while; 3 hours, in fact.

I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on this, or give me any idea how to go about it. I enjoy having sex and what not, but it's a small turnoff to know that it takes HIM 3 hours (because... although I like sex, I don't want to be doing it for 3 hours.... that's just excessive!)

Someone, please help me out SOMEHOW.

To answer or respond to the second response, he's actually far from being nervous about it; he's quite a monster when it comes to it. He's very comfortable with it and even cocky about it and thinks he's the man, being able to last so long ('pleasuring me more')... I want to say something, but I know that'd probably make a problem of it's own and make things harder so I haven't.

Does he have erectile disfunction? Because it only takes me 5 mins to do it all. Tell him to ask his doctoe. Like "doctor I think I might have a problem with getting erections"

• john

His excuse is a ridiculous lie. He definately has erectile dysfunction. He should see a doctor about this because it could be a symptoom of serious illness.

Sounds like the reason is he's nervous and inexperienced. Do not "bring it to his attention" again, that's all I can say. He knows...