Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How safe is united airlines?

Me and my family want to leave from la to mexico. They only have one flight with now stops. You safe is this airline. Do they have bad history? I get nervous before flying..

Favorite Answer

Air travel in general is very safe. United has a good safety record. There have been 7 accidents per million takeoffs in the past 5 years (only 2 per million takeoffs over the last year) and no fatalities. I am a United frequent flyer and have never experienced any problems in over 750,000 miles flown with them. http://www.airline-safety-records.com/airline_safe...

Any airline operating in the United States is very safe. The US has strict safety guidelines and inspections for all airlines designed to keep passengers safe. Don't worry and have a good trip.

They have a good safety record. I have flown United on numerous occasions.

stop being paranoid. every airline goes through the same inspections. they are all safe.

Pretty safe.