Chaos
Chaos asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

How can anyone argue that Rob Gronkowski ISN'T the best tight end in the NFL?

Of course Tony Gonzalez has had a better career, but he's in his late 30s and although still effective, isn't as effective TODAY as Gronk. Neither is Gates. Gronk and Graham's receiving skills are about the same (though I think Gronk's better), but Gronk is much better at blocking. Here's a example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhamDo7F9yI

Youtube thumbnail

if there's any arguments against Gronk being the best tight end in the NFL today, please post.

Maybe because I watch at least 5 Patriots game a year, including two where he blocks the crap out of the Jets linebackers and then burn the Jets safeties? Idiot

In addition, how is it "one year" when he has been on the Patriots for two? Also, please speak in a cohesive manner.

At Panthers - According to ProFootballFocus, Rob Gronkowski was the #2 run blocking TE with +6.6. Only Martellus Bennett of the Cowboys was better

Cool. He said Arizona..I didn't know Gronk was still in college in 2010. I thought he was a rookie for the Patriots. Imbecile idiot

Clearly, you also can't judge a player because of what you see on TV. Or statistics. Or the outside world. Or live. Or video clips. You can't judge a player's skills at all, that's basically your logic. In case you didn't know, he was pretty good in his rookie year, but of course your ignorance ignored it.

Okay, please state who you think is the best tight end in the game today. Don't look at any statistics or information. It's all a conspiracy according to you.

No, no, no. Don't say Vernon. By your logic, you can't judge a player on watching them on TV or live. You also can't use statistics. You have to be a NFL coach who watches film to judge.

Deleted your answer? LOL. Sad joke

If I got rid of any answer I disapproved of, Homo's answer would be gone already

Favorite Answer

He IS today's best TE. We all know Gonzalez is the best overall, but he's not going to stay great forever. Gronkowski is a reliable red zone target, and yeah he has Brady throwing to him, but it's not Brady that's taking two/three defenders with him after the catch.

Gronk is the best TE now but you can't really compare him to Gonzalez.

Gronk is actually a pretty bad blocker in the 2010 season they had to use Alge Crumpler every time they were gonna run cause he was that bad. And look at the Pats running numbers of 2011 they were at the bottom of the league.Gonzalez helped Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson become pro bowlers on a team that was very conservative with the passing game. And He never had Brady throwing to him.

Graham is a better route runner and a better overall route runner, but Gronk has the ability to run people over. Both are great, but I do give Gronk a little bit of an edge over Graham.

With that being said, it's been one season*; they have a whole career to prove themselves as being in the same category as Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates.

The big question is how they respond with teams game planning against them. It's been a year, and honestly, what Gronkowski did is relatively unrepeatable (TD-wise). Both are good, but this year will determine if they have what it takes to be great.

Also, I do think Gronkowski has some maturing to do outside of the game.

With everything being said, they could very well be in that same category as Gonzo and Gates so long as they work hard every year of their career.

ALSO:

Gronk and Graham had future Hall of Fame QBs throwing to them. For many seasons, Gonzo and Gates had decent-ish QBs throwing to them. I don't believe Gronk and Graham would have the same success had they been put into Gonzo and Gate's situation. Personally, I believe Gonzo and Gates would have done better than the two had they been put in their situations so early in their careers.

A healthy Gates is better than Gronk and Graham, even at his age today.

*: One season for Graham, first season where anyone really gave Gronkowski any notice/he produced

As someone who watches all the Patriots games, I enjoyed watching Gronk bowl over defenders who tried to stop him. The guy can break tackles and can catch the ball is clutch situations. He's still very young though so I guess we'll see where his career goes.

As far as records go, he already does hold the record for most recieving touchdowns (17, the person in 2nd place has 13) and recieving yards for a TE. He put up Megatron numbers but as a tight end.

Source(s): I'm biased since I root for the Pats but the 2 TE's they have are as good as anyone could hope for and they are really young. I'm happy with that.

Gronkowski Welker (extremely close) Nelson driver Hernandez Patriots Belichick BQ- I did, notwithstanding the Packers were solid at forcing turnovers. EDIT: in spite of the particular incontrovertible truth that there have been this variety of massive volume of drops, and that damage them plenty. Rodgers had numerous undesirable throws. He missed open receivers and threw into coverage many situations that recreation. I blame the loss on all of us inclusive of Rodgers who had a nasty recreation. And once you're speaking about ideal QBs contained in the league, this 12 months it become Rodgers, yet as a occupation (energetic QBs), Manning is first, then Brady. i imagine i might want to take a healthful Manning over Rodgers, notwithstanding. i might want to particularly have Rodgers over Brady.

Gronk is by far the best NFL tight end. However, Gonzalez holds all the records for tight ends, but Gronk is going to destroy those records with being Brady's main target.

I actually would argue that him and Grahm are exactly even at this point. Gronkowski is a very tough player but seems to be better at running routes while Grahm is a catch in traffic nightmare who will run you over after the catch, they can both make clutch plays (though I think Grahm has the more incredible catches) and they both block well enough.

• I concede Gronk has better all around skills but Jimmy Graham is the better receiving tight end, Graham has significantly better speed and athleticism and has shown to be able to make some ridiculous catches

What about Jimmy Graham? He's arguably the better receiver between the two, faster, great leaping ability, good hands. Depending on what games you look at and how you compare the two, its apparent to me that Graham is not the better blocker, the dude really gets after it though.

Look at these stats:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/maybe-jimmy-grah...

^According to those stats, Graham is better. Then again, stats are for losers.

Gronkowski is the best Tight End in the NFL. That is why he is the highest paid Tight End in the Nfl.