Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 8 years ago

How do I port forward a minecraft server with 2 routers?

I am setting up a Minecraft server but I am connected to a second router to extend my range. Would anybody be able to tell me how to port forward it? I am a complete noob and would appreciate a plain english answer :)

Thanks everyone, help greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

If you're looking for a truely great minecraft server, you (should|need to|have to} (check out|take a took|have a go} at this one!

188.40.142.73

To make it easier is to make your 2nd router into a basic Layer 2 switch or just put a switch where the 2nd router is to make it less complicated.

Then you can go into the first router where your WAN is connected and use the port forward.

The only way I can think of using port forward is that you have to tell the first one to take it in, and then wll the 2nd one to take it in again just to get to your computer. Very complicated.

Can't you just forward ports on both routers?

just login your router with the ip adress written on the back of your router and forward the minecraft ports

It doesn't work the way you thinking. I have linked a good site to help you with it.