What would you do if you were me?

So there is this guy that has liked me for years and would probably do anything for me but I don't know if I should give him a chance. The reason why is because a girl that I met about a year ago from college really liked him and we became good friends so I don't want to disrespect her. But I've known him much longer and I used to like him when I was younger but when I got over him he started liking me. I don't want to piss my friend off by any means but I have known this guy much longer than her so I don't know what to do.

Has he asked you out? If so, talk to your friend about it. Say that you dont want to hurt her, and wont date him if she doesnt want you to, but thoroughly explain you've know him for a long time and still have feelings for him and you've been waiting for this chance. ( But be nice about it, and gentle. Not: "I MET HIM FIRST I GOT DIBBS!" Lol. ) If shes a really good friend, she wont mind. You did know him first though, you have a history together. Maybe not in a romantic way, but you know him more than her. If she is your best friend, and knew you liked him, she shouldnt have fallen for him in the first place. Just work it out together. :) Ultimately, you have to decide if you're serious about this guy, or if you just want to date him to date him. Are you willing to let a boy come between you and your bff? Good luck :)