How to ask my best guy friend out?

So I have a good guy friend for a few years. Lately we have been flirting with each other and cuddling and holding hands. We hang out and talk more. We both have basically have made it clear we like each other, just never have said it straight out. So I am wondering how to talk to about if we want to become a 'official' couple, wait and see where this goes or I guess just say friends and ignore this? I am sure he likes me, and I like him, but I just wanna know what he wants out of this thing we have going on. I am just wondering how to best word that question with out him either assuming that I don't wanna go out, or if he doesn't wanna go out that I am kinda saying we really should. Basically making it so I can get his feelings on this with out any thing I say sway his opinion, if that makes any sense.

Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

Holy crap, a friend-zoned guy potentially getting the girl?! What is this abomination of nature!

Anyway, just be upfront with how you feel. Don't go playing silly mind games with him, trying to get an answer that may not actually be there through body language and subtle hints. Be direct and just bring up the idea of becoming a couple.

As a guy I can safely say that if I liked a girl, and SHE made the first move, then that shows confidence and assertiveness. Instant yes.

just tell him that u are starting to have feelings for him as more than a friend and that u want to take ur friendship to the next level and try dating

Ask him. My best guy friend asked me out. It was romantic.