Have you ever been 'wronged', and if so, have you ever forgiven?

Please put what religion/anti-religion you are. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Yes. And I did. Even though she did not apologize, and she still thinks she did what was right. She is just misguided, poor thing. She does not understand. But that doesn't change the fact that she is a genuinely sweet person. And what more, she is my sister, and always will be. I just can't afford to lose my only sister.

She screwed me over, sure, but it was with the very best of INTENTIONS. She thought she needed to do what she did in order to save me from something horrible. And to me, that makes a huge difference. If she had done it out of malice, on the other hand, things would have been very different, and I don't think I would have been able to forgive her without a heartfelt apology.

I'm not religious, but I'm very spiritual. If you need a label, I think panentheism is about as close as I can get to one.

Yes, quite a lot in my childhood and teens (I was atheist then and I forgave).

Since then I've been seriously wronged a couple of times (I've forgiven, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses now).

I didn't/don't see the point of ruining my health and sanity by continuing to allow those people who have wronged me to have control over my emotions. This has helped me a lot. Now that I know God's opinion on things it's easier to cope with and forgive because now I know that the person who wronged me is responsible before Him.

Yes. Being lied about, backed stabbed, and gossiped about by a "good" friend.

Forgiven? Of course. Forgotten? Never.

Source(s): Don't really have a religion. Just believe in a spirit world.
  • Yes and Yes

Nichiren Buddhist

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned"-Buddha

some people are harder for me to forgive than others

some people can get away with murder. My second ex has done so many horrible things and I've forgotten the details of most of it. Other particular person I can think of just annoying the everlovin shlt out of me and finally I just booted them out of my life. It was just minutiae stuff, but I couldn't stand em.

/cherry picker!

• I don't remember.

Most of the time, the perception of being wronged is nothing more than taking offense at something someone else has done. If you don't take offense, then the chances of being "wronged" is very slim. It pays to keep one's nose blown, er, clean.

• AEF

Yes, I have been 'wronged' and I have always forgiven.

Source(s): Atheist
  • Grace

Yes.

Source(s): Christian

Yes. 100 years from now, none of it will matter.

Source(s): atheist

I broke my big brothers PS3, he almost killed me. I was wronged! And yes, I forgive him for trying to kill me.