Jessica asked in PetsReptiles · 9 years ago

Why is my Bearded Dragon throwing up?

I have a 1 year old female bearded dragon. I've never bread her since shes too young. I just got home a little bit ago and i noticed right before i turned her lights off that she had thrown up. she ate last night and a little this morning. I'm really worried about her. HELP!!!!!

Favorite Answer

That happened to my dragon once. I took him to the vet and it turned out he was infected hookworms & coccidia. He was treated with a dewormer & antibiotic and recovered. It wasn't a terribly expensive vet bill either, just an exotics office visit (which was the most expensive part) a fecal exam, and the meds. If she vomits again, I would make an appointment. I'm not one to run to the vet for EVERY little thing, but in this case I was really glad I decided to take him in. PS. if she ends needing antibiotics, get her a probiotic like http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_... to help keep her gut flora in check.

Source(s): personal experience
  • Amber

Many reasons can cause this, most common is them over eating. Which isn't a biggy, if it continues tho it cld b a parasite or smthng such as salmonella so at that point I would take her to the vet. If u feed her right when u turn the light on that could also b it, for some reason they can't ingest as much when their body temp is cooled down. So feed her after she has had time to bask