Jessica asked in PetsReptiles · 9 years ago

Why is my Bearded Dragon throwing up?

I have a 1 year old female bearded dragon. I've never bread her since shes too young. I just got home a little bit ago and i noticed right before i turned her lights off that she had thrown up. she ate last night and a little this morning. I'm really worried about her. HELP!!!!!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That happened to my dragon once. I took him to the vet and it turned out he was infected hookworms & coccidia. He was treated with a dewormer & antibiotic and recovered. It wasn't a terribly expensive vet bill either, just an exotics office visit (which was the most expensive part) a fecal exam, and the meds. If she vomits again, I would make an appointment. I'm not one to run to the vet for EVERY little thing, but in this case I was really glad I decided to take him in. PS. if she ends needing antibiotics, get her a probiotic like http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_... to help keep her gut flora in check.

Source(s): personal experience
  • Amber
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Many reasons can cause this, most common is them over eating. Which isn't a biggy, if it continues tho it cld b a parasite or smthng such as salmonella so at that point I would take her to the vet. If u feed her right when u turn the light on that could also b it, for some reason they can't ingest as much when their body temp is cooled down. So feed her after she has had time to bask

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.