Can Malwarebytes Anti-Malware be used together with Avast?

I had to uninstall free Ad-Aware for spyware, so I'm looking for another one and Malwarebytes has good ratings, so I thought I'd try it, plus I want something that will find any viruses I may have. Can it be used with Avast, or would I have to use it alone?

Favorite Answer

Malwarebytes is very good, and you can use it with Avast.

2

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC : http://moveantivirus.com/?wdmN

Sure you can. I even use the pro version of MBAM with my free Avast AV. It's been almost 2 years now with no issues.

PS: You shouldn't use MBAM alone even if it's the pro version as MBAM is just an antispyware. It is not a substitute for a real antivirus. Also, MBAM is useless against real-time threats if you are only using the free version. The free one is only an on-demand scanner. You will only get to know about an infection if you are already infected. If you want real-time protection, get the pro version. A lifetime license only costs $24.95 which is worth it. It doesn't clash with any AV at all. Take advantage of the 14-day trial version of the MBAM Pro. I'm sure you'll like it.

Source(s): Experience
  • D McC

yes you certainly can run makwarebytes with avast, i use them both and they both work very well together

yes. for sure.

these don't conflict unless they have virus or malware in them...

so don't worry