What is a good horror anime?

I have already watched Higurashi, Mirai Nikki, Umineko, Deadman Wonderland, and Soul Eater. Are there any other really good animes you have seen besides those? Please answer!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

>> Blood+

Episodes: 50

Aired: Oct 8, 2005 to Sep 23, 2006

Genres: Action, Mystery, Drama, Horror, Vampire, Supernatural, Military

Throughout the passage of time and the shifts in backgrounds, a particular war continues to leave its mark on history, extending its influence into the modern world. There are two major groups involved in the ensuring war. The first group consists of monsters known as Chiropterans who can change their appearances into that of human beings. They are actually immortals who feed on the blood of the living. The second group is an organisation known as the "Red Shield", formed to track down these monsters and exterminate them. Otonashi Saya is a high-school girl who lives a peaceful life with her family. The only problem is, she has no recollections of her life beyond that of the past year. However, her happy life will be destroyed by an event that will lead her to her destined fate.

>> Another

Episodes: 12

Aired: Dec 26, 2011 to Mar 27, 2012

Genres: Mystery, Drama, Horror, School

26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to the class, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.

>> Ookami Kakushi

Episodes: 12

Aired: Jan 7, 2010 to Mar 26, 2010

Genres: Action, Mystery, Horror, Supernatural

The story follows Hiroshi Kuzumi, a 16-year-old student who has just moved to the seemingly serene village of Jogamachi. Nestled in the mountains far away from the city, the village is divided by a river that separates old Jogamachi from new Jogamachi. Young Hiroshi soon discovers that the village is ancient as well as mysterious traditions and customs have been kept alive over the ages. Although a bit bewildered by the new environment, Hiroshi begins to settle into his new life. While he has never been the type to win any popularity contests, he quickly earns the affection of his classmates. That is with the exception of aloof class president, Nemuru Kushinada, whose only words to Hiroshi are a warning to stay away from old part of town. It is there that terror and mystery await him.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Another - http://myanimelist.net/anime/11111/Another

Summary: 26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to the class, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.

*- This one scared me quite a bit. -*

Shiki - http://myanimelist.net/anime/7724/Shiki

During a fiercely hot summer in Sotoba, a peaceful and quiet village with a population of 1300 people, a series of bizarre deaths begin to occur. At the same time, a strange family moves into a long abandoned mansion in the region. After supposedly visiting this strange family, the fashionable Shimizu Megumi goes missing and the entire village goes out in search for her.

Jigoku Shoujo - http://myanimelist.net/anime/228/Jigoku_Shoujo

Somewhere in the vast sea of the Internet, there's a website that can only be accessed at the stroke of midnight. Known as the Jigoku Tsushin, rumor has it that if you post a grudge there, the Jigoku Shoujo will appear and drag whoever torments you into the inferno. Very little is known about the girl - all we know for sure is that she lives with her equally enigmatic grandmother, that three magical straw dolls accompany and serve her, and that whenever a posting on the Jigoku Tsushin moves her, she becomes the Jigoku Shoujo.

You should also try the detective genre. e.g. Detective Conan.

Most of the anime under it would be pretty scary as it's mostly about secret killers, deaths, lurking shadows etc.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

There is Blood +

Pandora Hearts (I don't know if this is considered horror or not but it has monsters in it)

Vampire Hunter D

Gantz (I hear it's horror)

Hell Girl (kinda disturbing if you ask me)

Rozen Maiden (about dolls with souls!)

Hellsing (I hear)

High school of the Dead (about zombies)

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Pet shop of horrors

Hellsing

Boogiepop Phantom

Elfen Lied

Blue Gender

Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Paranoia Agent

Serial Experiments Lain

Paprika

Descendants of Darkness (warning: Yaoi. Just in case you're not into that stuff)

Source(s): My head
  • 4 years ago

I dont comprehend lots of 'em yet i've got watched the appropriate 10 horror animes record of appropriate 10 horror animes:- 10. mermaid woodland 09. trinity blood 08. vampire princess miyu 07. kakurenbo: conceal & seek for 06. boogiepop phantom 05. suitable blue 04. jin-roh: wolf brigade 03. vampire hunter D blood lust 02. gantz 01. hellsing WATCH THEM...........they are widespread for his or her horror tale !!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Anime:

>>Another

>>Shiki

Manga:

>>Doubt (aka Rabbit Doubt)

>>Judge (sequel to Doubt)

>>Battle Royale

Jdrama:

>>Death Game Park

>>Incite Mill

>>Battle Royale

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i was about to say higurashi, but since u've seen it, and elfen lied is already mentioned above, then...i guess maybe hell girl? its like this thing about this web tha u could only go on at night and type in the name of ur tormentor or one u hate most tha is tormenting u and hell girl comes and gives u a doll with a red ribbon. she'll tell u tha u to pull the string and ur tormenter will be sent to hell immediatly. but in exchange, u must go to hell too when u die. and once the person pulls the string, he gets a mark on his chest tha marks tha he will be in hell to when he dies. then hell girl goes to sent the person to hell, but usually torments the person first then send them to hell.

• 9 years ago

elnf lied

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.