Javier Chang asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Why german shepherd keep sheding?

My german sheperd is about 2 months old..and its fur started to shed about a month ago. So when will it stop sheding?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Dogs always shed.

And all dogs shed.

Some shed more than others.

A daily brushing can reduce the amount of shedding and hair you find around the house because a brush will remove the hair that is stuck in the coat.

Brush the dog daily or weekly or when needed to help get rid of some of the loose hair.

• pao
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

hi Lucy so which you have have been given an 8 month previous German Shepherd doggy - properly completed, i've got had German Shepherds for almost 40 years and that i can permit you comprehend that they are the best! while she's omitted interior the returned backyard and hears noises or human beings strolling previous the gate - then of course she would be in a position of start up barking - all of them do! She's speaking to you - letting you comprehend that something is incorrect, or that somebody is encroaching on your territory i.e. your homestead. She's in 'look after dogs mode' doing her 'shielding responsibilities' . does not you sense stupid if a burglar entered your homestead and your gsd did not permit you comprehend? in basic terms permit her comprehend each and every thing is okay and then tell her to be quiet. on the different hand, German Shepherds lose interest rapidly and desire loads of exercising, so possibly she's telling you she's bored and needs some interest - like Play with Me Please Our German Shepherds get 2 walks an afternoon plus a final minute short walk formerly bedtime, you will locate that extra walks and play will deliver approximately a quieter, extra comfortable dogs, so which you would be able to desire to spend a splash extra time together with her.

• Emily
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

It will never stop. It may slow down in the middle of the summer and winter, but they shed constantly. Invest in a good groomer or get a deshedding tool (like the "furminator") to help keep it down. Also, why did you have a 1 month old german shepherd..... You should not own a dog until it is 8 weeks. Prepare yourself for lots of trainer and vet bills later in life due to developmental issues.

• 9 years ago

Never. German Shepherds shed every day of their lives. You may want to invest in a new vacuum.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MK
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

German shepherds shed A LOT! I have one... He doesn't shed much at all in the winter, but when it's hot, he sheds! I sweep daily. They're lucky they're cute! Have fun!

• Trixie
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Why? Because he is a German shepherd and will do this seasonally for the rest of his (her?) life.

• Leele
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

It is hot and he is a long hair double coated dog. Brush outside every couplr of days until his moult is finished.

Source(s): old GSD lover me
  • 9 years ago

he either dosent have enough nutrients or hes just shedding his puppy fur. Or theres that possibility that he has mange.

Source(s): ive had dogs
  • 9 years ago

cuz they hate the nazis

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.