Anonymous

World Record breaker ... on your college Credentials ?

I'm more than passionate about soccer. Its my life, my everything. Unfortunately, im not lionel messi so i more than likely wont go professional. But i like to be the best at things so i thought 'why not break a world record?' i am also looking for something that would separate me from the usual people when i apply for colleges next year. I want to break the world record for "Worlds Longest Soccer Game." The current record is 36 hours, and i think i could organize, plan, and help us gain the world record. I have good credentials and extracurriculars but i need to prove to colleges that i have aspirations and i can follow them. So if i were to break this record (as a 15 year old boy) would that really help my chances of getting into a good college? (preferably dartmouth [along with a gpa above 4.0 and many school sports and activities]) Also, i would make sure if people want to watch they would have to pay and i would donate it to maybe ghana or uganda to help out families... sound like a good idea?? constructive criticism please.....

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That accomplishment would not impress universities as it would be impossible to plan the longest soccer game without dishonestly arranging for players to play in a way that would keep it going long enough. I am not writing that you are dishonest. I am just saying that I cannot think of an honest way to accomplish your objective.

• 9 years ago

There are many students that get into amazing schools without doing things like break world records. Many students at my school started businesses or nonprofits and I didn't and I got in. Colleges want you to be yourself. You're trying to overdo it. You don't need to be that fancy to get into a great school.

• 5 years ago

p.t usha

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.