Anonymous

World Record breaker ... on your college Credentials ?

I'm more than passionate about soccer. Its my life, my everything. Unfortunately, im not lionel messi so i more than likely wont go professional. But i like to be the best at things so i thought 'why not break a world record?' i am also looking for something that would separate me from the usual people when i apply for colleges next year. I want to break the world record for "Worlds Longest Soccer Game." The current record is 36 hours, and i think i could organize, plan, and help us gain the world record. I have good credentials and extracurriculars but i need to prove to colleges that i have aspirations and i can follow them. So if i were to break this record (as a 15 year old boy) would that really help my chances of getting into a good college? (preferably dartmouth [along with a gpa above 4.0 and many school sports and activities]) Also, i would make sure if people want to watch they would have to pay and i would donate it to maybe ghana or uganda to help out families... sound like a good idea?? constructive criticism please.....

Favorite Answer

That accomplishment would not impress universities as it would be impossible to plan the longest soccer game without dishonestly arranging for players to play in a way that would keep it going long enough. I am not writing that you are dishonest. I am just saying that I cannot think of an honest way to accomplish your objective.

There are many students that get into amazing schools without doing things like break world records. Many students at my school started businesses or nonprofits and I didn't and I got in. Colleges want you to be yourself. You're trying to overdo it. You don't need to be that fancy to get into a great school.

p.t usha