Do workplace romances succeed?

She is a coquettish haberdasher who works in a retail store located below my office, where I work as a eggler. At first we merely shared shy, and inadvertent glances. However, one day our mutual intrigue was brought to a threshold. As luck would have it I required a pinestripe, since I had been erroneously accused of mail fraud and had to defend my name in court. I was her customer. She consciously stroked my hand as she diligently took my measurements. In an elf-like dance, she made her way to the back of the store. Then with a sweet song she beckoned me. She wanted me. Her magnificent whisper was like the song of Sirens that seek to cozen sailors to their doom. But, I was gone; lost in her timeless gaze. Tenderly, we caressed in the darkness of her storage room.

• Lynn
    Favorite Answer

No, it's not the right place to find a romance. For one thing, it wouldn't be tolerated vy

the management, and the old adage is right on the mark, when it states, you don't

get your paycheck where you get your lovin, or something like that. Office romances

often come to light at holiday parties. And if one or both are married and choose to

get involved with a co worker, it usually fizzles out after the holidays wane, and one

or the other, settles into the routine in their home again. So don't bother getting invol-

ved at work, and you will save yourself alot of grief.

• obee

Coquettish Haberdasher

• S

Met my husband at work just out of high school. We will be married 40 years come next march. Five couples met and married from there. Hummm, something in the water maybe.

• Milton

Marry her before you get carried away in a haze of purple prose. You sound like Danielle Steele on steroids.

Only when you do your job properly and all the time. If your boss notices you standing beside your girl always, then you may get fired, thus your romances goes including your job.. lol

• angel

I married my office romancer, have been married 25 yrs.

Absolutely not! It gives both parties a bad name, especially the woman.

• One of my coworkers batted her eyelashes at our company's president and before long she was a vice president with a corner office. So it worked for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhXSH6fYIvE

Youtube thumbnail

• BRBHRN

To your question...no, but none seem to make it anyway. But workplace romances ruin a lot of marriages.

...an eggler? That was my first clue that this was an extremely intriguing question. I hope you try your hand at longer fiction, at least at times. If it's as good as this question, it would be...good!