Seniors, how important is religion to you? Do you attend church every Sunday?

Religion is very important to me and I attend church every Sunday morning.

How about you?

• DeeJay
    Favorite Answer

Very important. I have Faith and I Believe.

I never fail to say my daily prayers - give thanks and ask to be forgiven for my sin's.

If I am right - I have everything to gain.

If I happen to be wrong - I have nothing to loose.

I will never deny God and His Son - Jesus as my Savior.

Has anyone thought on this?

Many - not all of those attending church - are the ones who need to be the most.

Because I'm home bound - I don't attend church -- but I'll never stop believing.

I don't know how much time I have left - as a mortal - here on earth. It could be a day - a week - a month - a year or maybe more - before my journey ends. But when that day comes - I look forward to a joyous reunion - when I will be united with my mom and other ancestors.

I want to get to know my mother in a mother daughter relationship. She died when I was eight years old. I have missed her. She is waiting for me.

All I ask from mankind is - the freedom - the respect and my right - to Believe and have Faith.

Thank you for asking.

DeeJay.

RELIGION means squat to me. But if you mean CHRISTIANITY, then it's VERY important to me. I don't ATTEND church, I'm INVOLVED. I've been a Bible study teacher since 1988. I've worked with a children's ministry, AWANA (see awana.org) since 1994 (took 3 years off starting in '04 because my job put me on the road too much, and came back 5 years ago just as a leader, not the commander). I earned my 15 year pin last week. I work with Vacation Bible School each year, sing in the choir, member of a couple of committees, was in a gospel trio(Soldiers of the Light), a gospel quartet (the Lighthouse Quartet) , am taking some time off from the Virginia Voices International

( http://www.vavoicesintl.org/page2.htm ), and I volunteer when we have 'work days' at church, and drive the church bus.

See, I do more than ATTEND.

Organized religion means little to me but my relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ means everything to me, it is my number 1 priority. I yearn to be where he is. Once when I was in the midst of a crisis, he appeared to me in a very vivid dream. Ever since then I have wanted to join him, (not that I want to die). He is more real to me than the next breath I take.

I am not physically able to attend church on a regular basis, but I do enjoy watching a few Worship Services on TV. I pray every day of my life, and take Communion frequently. But church these days is not like it used to be; when I was a young woman, church was everything, it was also your social life and lots of fun things were planned for the youth each Friday night, it was where the whole community came together especially on Sunday. Back then, church attendance brought everyone together each week. People were so "down to earth" and genuinely cared about each other. They gave each other lots 'n lots of support in many ways. (That was before TV invaded society).

• gussie

I have to agree with Lynn.God is every where and hears our prayers where ever we are.I'm not saying it isn't a good thing to go to church because it is also an important part in fellowship with others.However if a person is a shut in and can't physically attend church weekly does that make them less devout .We must also practice our faith in our everyday actions and deeds , not just on our holy day.

I was raised too be religious. I did my best to live as the church said I should. This caused me more emotional pain that anything in my life. I studied my religion trying to know how to live better. By age 40 or so, I had decided that god could NOT exist as portrayed by ANY organized religion. Before I was 50, I admitted to myself that I was an atheist. This was a great weight off my mind. I was free to live by what was right and wrong, instead of a bunch of conflicting rules that only applied to me and not the rich and powerful. I no longer believe. I don't "worship". I don't waste time and money supporting a religion

I know that religion is a man made device to control and mollify the masses. It's primary goal is to enrich it's leaders and furnish them with as many young people as they desire for their sexual pleasure.

I wish that it hadn't taken me 50 years to learn this. It was so obvious from the start. .

No, I acquired up Sunday morning and went to church without my parents. They didn't go every Sunday. I was once within the choir. I take advantage of to love going to church. I ponder what happened?

• BRBHRN

The only church around me is a french catholic and I am not catholic nor do I speak french. I miss going to church as i was raised in the church as was my children. My mother never went to church and she was the best christian I know. She went out in the woods she planted and worshiped in her own way. I have lerned to do this also. Out in God's world is so wonderful.I go to church every sunday in my own way and God and I talk all the time.

• jonds

I quit doing the church thing the day after I was confirmed into the Lutheran church at 14 or 15, I never believed a word of it from the time my mother started making me go and I still don't. Church and the preaching have no meaning to me at all and I have found that it means little to those that go once they step out of the church.

• daisy

Most important and I used to attend church every Sunday, but not since I felt like they were pressuring me for money for the church adding more rooms on. I don't need to be in a certain building or on any certain day to pray and know I am heard.

As Long as you're up = = I understand completely...it's the same as seeing your antichrist rants on every page.

• S

I have attended. I like a lot of the lessons I just don't like some of the dogma and some of the people are too full of them self.

They preach brotherly love, but on their conditions not Gods.

I am more spiritual than religious.. There are truths in many religion and I want to find my own truth. I don't like religion on scare tactics, force, or I am holier than thou.