Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

I've had one period, I'm not sexually active and my period hasn't come again ? HELP ?

I has my first period on January 20th this year and I haven't had it since, so it's been 7 months...

I haven't had sex before I'm 14 turning 15, I masturbate a bit , sometimes

I'm really worried and can't ask my mum

Please help ! Is this normal ?

Favorite Answer

Hello,

Not to worry. Young women's periods are sketchy when they first begin. It takes awhile to get regular. You're body is going through a lot of changes and is busy getting ready for adulthood. This is perfectly normal. If you experience a lot of pain that Tylenol or Motrin can't relieve or suddenly bleed a lot (soaking pads or tampons within a couple hours) you should see a doctor. Otherwise, I don't see any need to worry.

One more thing, while we are here. I tell everyone this: When you decide to have sex, use protection. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It is not unheard of for young women not having periods or having irregular periods to get pregnant. Always and every time. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Hope this helps :)

Source(s): Being a lady.

Like someone else said, it usually takes a couple of years before your period becomes regular. The fact that it's been several months is a little worrying. I would suggest talking to your mom/aunt/older sister/some trusted older female figure in your life. The nice thing about your mom is that she'll be able to get you in to see a doctor if it keeps not coming.

Also, diet/weight, activity levels, and stress all play a role in getting your period. Females who tend to have a low weight for their body size, unhealthy diets, are very active (especially when young as many female athletes tend to start menstruating later), and those who are very stressed out by something in life all tend to have highly irregular periods and can go months without one if whatever situation is bad enough.

But seriously, if you're really worried, please go speak to a trusted female in your life. Even if it's just the school nurse that's better than nothing. If it's something to really worry about, then that person will be able to hopefully get you into a doctor to make sure that everything is okay with you and your body.

• aansu

When I began having intercourse my intervals had been abnormal. It's been 6 months now and they're beginning to relax once more.. If you've got misplaced a little of weight that would have an effect on them too :)

That happened to me as well when I first got my period. Don't worry! You won't be regular for about 3 years

Don't want to be rude, but i recommend you talk to someone you trust ( family member ) or else see a gynecologist.