Cayce asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

How can I develope my arm?

I am 15 and going into the 10th grade. I pitch for my varsity team I can throw about 87 but I throw about 84-85 with good control. I am looking to develope my arm where i can throw in the low 90s what can I do to achieve this goal?

Favorite Answer

So, if I understand you correctly, you want to increase your velocity with control. There are a few things you could do. You could play long toss. This is one of the best ways in strengthening your arm, which will bring up your velocity.You could also try going to the weight room and work on your arms to gain muscle. Now, to gain control and have a high velocity, just work on your pitches a lot. Work on it in and outside of practice. Practice makes perfect.

Try getting arm strengthing bands or and arm strong, it builds your arm, and can add around 5+ mph to your speed, I went from about 75 to 81 with one, they cost around 30 to 40 dollars, well worth it, best of luck. Hope you hit the 90's soon!

Water it daily.