Question About Anime (Toonami)?

For the following animes, would you recommend seeing all of their episodes in an English-dubbed version, or in Japanese with English subtitles? Also, should I watch all of the episodes on DVD or online to understand them better, because I don't understand all of the plots and stuff, and then watch Toonami alongside them?

-Bleach

-Deadman Wonderland

-Casshern Sins

-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

-Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd Gig

-Cowboy Bebop (fairly certain English is better)

Favorite Answer

Just watch them on Toonami. All of those series are great in dub or sub. I paticularlly likes Casshern Sins in Japanese. Plus as bounus, the vioce actor for Brook from One Piece does he vioce for the Old man robot. If you watch them, watch them online, most are ablible for free, like Casshern Sins is on the Funimation Channel for Youtube.

Okay, Bleach is fine English-dubbed in my opinion along with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Ghost In The Shell and Cowboy Bebop.

Deadman Wonderland is probably best to watch it in subbed version so you won't have to deal with the bleeps after curse words, however I hope with an english dubbed season on disc will fix that little problem. Casshern Sins is also fine being english dubbed. It's actually based more on preference in the anime world in my perspective. Some people find it easier to watch the dubbed versions but some people prefer Japanese with subs. Mainly, I believe is because the japanese versions are already done and people will go through the japaense versions of the episodes just to get further in the series. Plus different voice actors can give you different feels of how the story is told and portrayed through out. Since, well that's a voice actors job in my opinion. To make you feel a certain way when they're acting out the character they're given.

So in short, it's okay to watch either in subbed or dubbed versions. Along with watching them along side toonami online. Also, it's alright to go online and re-watch episodes if you don't get them the first time whether you want Japanese or English dubbed versions. Anime is much better when you understand the plot

Source(s): Otaku

Well I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell or Casshern Sins but I do think everything else is pretty good in English and not too bad in Japanese. I just prefer dubs. And Watch until where Toonami is at in the animes and then when it comes on you will understand everything! That's what I'm doing with Deadman Wonderland but I might cheat and watch more episodes lol. Except, Toonami has the newer episodes in English so I will have to watch the rest in Japanese :( Oh and alot of people think that Deadman Wonderland is better Subbed but personally, I love it dubbed! I think Shiro's voice is perfect and Ganta's and I love hearing the familiar voices and matching them to other animes.

English for all. We have the superior language!

deadmans wonderland

well those are great either sub or dub, since its not dubbed by 4kids tv