I hate my life. But why?

I'm 18 years old. I come from a family that is rich, like you wouldn't believe. For a family of 4, we own 3 houses - one being a beach house and the other being a vacation house (not including my brother's Manhattan apartment), and 9 vehicles - my dad's Corvette ZR1, Porsche Boxter, Escalade, and motorcycle, my mom's Infinity G35, Audi TT, and Mercedes SLK, my brother's Subaru Legacy, and my Mini Cooper (I got to completely design it). We are well off. But I am so miserable and with all of these things handed to me, I can't figure out why. I was in a relationship for 3 years. Though it's been 1.5 years since we broke up, I still miss him. Never got over that. I have 0 interests in anything. Nothing makes me happy or excited anymore. I'm just constantly depressed. I've tried antidepressants, but I seem to always get a bad reaction from it. I've tried talking to people. I just can't seem to get out of this funk. I've been in other relationships, but they all go the same way- things go okay the first month, then I spend the next month trying to break up with them. I feel like the only thing that might make me happy again would be that ex. But he does heroin now. So that can't happen. Anyone have any suggestions??? All serious answers are appreciated. 10 point reward for best answer. Thanks in advance.

• Favorite Answer

Hey, Sweetie. I am sorry for the pain you are feeling. Antidepressants do not seem to work, from what I have seen, because they do not get to the root of the problem and dig it out!! So the problem is always there. AD's also seem to make people feel/ act like zombies; the people that I know that have taken them. Money is not going to make anyone happy. It makes life easier, but it can make life more complicated as well as you know. Do you have a good relationship with your dad? is he a good role model? How about your mom? People DO not like to hear this, but I needed to face it at one time; I was victimizing myself... I felt sorry for myself. I was not dealing with anger that I had about my childhood and this was making me depressed and unable to get happy about anything. When I learned to see what my real problems were, and that I was causing them by not forgiving and healing, I was able to take control> I began to get more in alignment spiritually. I found my divine purpose(s) here on earth, and everything toward this began to unfold. I CHOSE to be happy. Happiness is indeed a choice that we must make, moment to moment. I now CHOOSE to be completely grateful for all that comes into my life, and I ask that I can use it to further my divine purpose. Exercising helps daily for 45 min to 1 hr. Eating lots of raw fruits and veggies really helps too. Tune in ONLY to positive things> avoid drama, stupid reality shows with too much drama, avoid music that brings you down. Listen to things that are uplifting, read things that make you happy and bring you closer to your dreams. My greatest suggestion is love. Share your love. Share your time.Volunteer to babysit friends kids or at the nursing home or to read to the kids at the orphanage, help at the food bank. Love is the highest frequency and when you are resonating with that, you will be feeling great. Hope this helps. ~With love~

Maybe the reason is because that ex. But you know, you're thinking in a negative way. You should be grateful for what you have, you know. Because you'll know what depression is when you really face something really hard. I felt that way too, maybe always. Antidepressants don't do anything, believe me. You have to change the way your thinking. You should too get closer to God and tell him all about your feelings that he knows already. He's there for you of course. Tell Him what you want and He'll make it true if He sees that thing good for you. That really helps a lot and make you feel more comfortable like you never felt for a long time. Life doesn't stop at any point or at someone. You'll find someone better and someone who aims for a serious relationship, so don't be sad. Also, try to change your daily routine and do something new. Gather with your best friends and go out somewhere together and remember old times and laugh hard and loud, maybe read, or play sports, know new people. Never enter a relationship unless it's serious and you're sure of that. And always try to avoid previous mistakes. Never regret anything you've done and learn from those mistakes and throw everything else behind your back. Keep a diary too and write every single thing about your feelings. It will make you much better. And, the most important thing is to change your way of thinking as to forget about how depressed you're and so on. Focus on positive thoughts. Say I'm not depressed, I'm fine, I'm great, I'm cheerful and so on. You'll feel awesome. Same way to stop a bad habit or to change something in your personality. Focus on the positive thoughts ONLY. Hope this helped :))

Your life will have more meaning if you volunteer for a good cause (meals on wheels, volunteer at a hospital or the American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, Veteran's Administration). These organizations wouldn't give a rat's a$$ that you are from a well-to-do family. All they see is a person who cares about other people and wants to make a difference volunteering their time to their oganization. You can make an impact on someone's life and your own. Instead of wallowing in self-pitty, pick yourself up and do something good for someone else. That will forget your troubles and woes.

you should get involved in some activities, like... the gym or a book club or something with lots of people make some good friends and don't tell anyone your well off that might intimidate them. try to meet people who definitely don't do drugs all that stuff does is make you wanna hurt yourself. one day try to make strangers laugh, that's pretty fun just seeing peoples reactions when your all crazy like.

• Naguru

It is a top secret. It is only known to the subjective mind of the individual. The question deserves ten points - being the best.

Source(s): own

go on vacation, see a movie, volunteer some where that might make you happy.

share some money with me and i can make you love your life :)